If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

"[snip]....This man gets in my way, we struggle, I get the best of him. He shoots me."

You go wrong right there. Still assumming its white-on-white at this point, your analogy fails. If you wanted to relate it to the GZ/TM situation, it would be:

Posted edited to reflect reality (changed part is in bold):

Lets take race out of it. I'm white, in my own neighborhood. People know me here. I walk to the store. A white man unknown to me, starts to ghost me. I feel a little uncomfortable so I walk another direction. The man is in touch with law enforcement who tell him to stay put. He doesn't. I then see this man out of his car. He asks what I'm doing here. Knowing the best way not to become a victim is to not act like one, I come on strong. "Who the hell are you and what business do u have here"? If you are law enforcement, Identify yourself now or F off!" The man begins to walk back to his car, I circle around and attack him, get on top of him and start to beat him and slam his head into the street.

He shoots me.

He walks on self defence.

I'm not afraid of riots right now. I'm more concerened about more self appointed vigilantes who now have an E ticket to do the same.

Looks different now, doesn't it?

MMM

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry MeanMrMustard - as correct as you are they will simply repeat the claim that TM was an innocent child skipping home with his sweeties and the evil non-black fooled him into attacking him so he could murder him and claim self defense.

Common sense doesn't mix with TM supporters it seems.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

" The Black Panthers are offering up a $1,000,000.00 reward for the capture of George Zimmerman."

I have not confirmed that, but if true, I would hope the Justice Department would be looking to make some arrests. And what would they do with him after his "capture"?

Or perhaps you are confusing the old reward they offered - prior to the actual arrest and trial of GZ?

MMM

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Even when race is pulled out, people put it right back in

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@wha happened:

"Even when race is pulled out, people put it right back in"

Cop out - I quoted your post and adjusted your spin to reflect reality. It had nothing to do with race.

MMM

• Simon
    Simon

Still haven't got it?

Repeating "GZ was responsible for everything" ad naseum = idiotic comment that will be removed.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

you're presumed reality. That reality is still up in the air. I'm not saying it's an absolute lie. But it certainly isn't an absolute truth.

And of course tha main point of the story. Zimmerman was directed to stay put because he's a civilian. There was nothing going on that a good samaritan would be obligated to intervene into. Bad things result when those without training and experiance take matters into their own hands. Maybe the story of TM jumping out of the bushes has merit. But Zimmerman created that scenario by disregarding orders and now a person is dead. That scenario can be played out in any arena. Inexperaince usually means someone gets hurt.

Make more sense now before u package it up as a cop out?

• Simon
    Simon
    Zimmerman was directed to stay put because he's a civilian.

No he wasn't.

There was nothing going on that a good samaritan would be obligated to intervene into.

He wasn't intervening.

Bad things result when those without training and experiance take matters into their own hands.

Which he wasn't doing.

Maybe the story of TM jumping out of the bushes has merit.

You think?

But Zimmerman created that scenario by disregarding orders and now a person is dead.

No order, and TM created the scenario.

I suggest you go re-read the testimony and evidence. Even the prosecution wasn't claiming what you are.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Simon your comment is baseless. You're assuming all people not on Zimmermans side are on TM's. Not the case. It's about people taking things into their own hands when police were on the way. Zimmerman knew that. He chose to get out against directions. Let the pro's handle it. Not the wanna bees. That's why police get pissed off at groups like the guardian angles. Wanna bees inforcing the law. Any policeman would have been able to corral TM without killing him. Also they are kinda wearing a uniform and would be identified quickly. It's one thing to attack a stranger, it's another to attack a policemen.

Why is it, you suppose that neighborhood watches exist? Is it because the nation is full of "wanna bees"?

The whole thing sends a wrong message.

Should we want to send the message as "if you start to beat someone within an inch of his/her life, that person has the right to take action to prevent death and/or serious boldily harm"?

The prosecution was pathetic. Zimmerman could have represented himself and still be free. But that's the differance between High paid attorneys in the private sector, and what the county can pay for.

The prosecution was pathetic only because the case was pathetic. You are right, Zimmerman could have defended himself and gotten off - because there was no case. There's a better chance of proving JWs are right about 607 than proving that GZ is deserving of murder 2 or manslaughter.

MMM

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

wha happenend?

"And of course tha main point of the story. Zimmerman was directed to stay put because he's a civilian."

where is this in the testimony that he got out of his car and followed TM AFTER the dispatcher told him he didn't need to follow TM????

Where is the testimony was GZ NOT returning to his car after the operator sufggested he do so? He was in sworn testimony that evidence was clear for the jury that GZ was NOT FOLLOWING TM after finding the house addresses, but returning to his car when the assult by TM happened.

Did you wach the trial, listen to it, or read the transcripts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit