If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• caliber
    caliber

I don't know that that is necessarily relevent to the outcome or not. But, we don't live in a bubble, and societies views DO affect peoples decisions AND conclusions. I think the jury should have been more ballanced. Male/female Black/white/hispanic/other. Otherwise any result leaves it wide open for disharmony.

still thinking ...yes one believe's that they would have at least tried to make such an appearance.

another thought.. if OJ Simpson could get off with all the clear evidence such as blood of the victims on the door of his truck (tried to create

doubt I beleive the the evidence was planted and that Mark Fahrman was a racist) and there was far less aggressive violence in this case

I suppose.

On April 3rd, the prosecution produced evidence that the glove found behind the bungalow on Simpson's Rockingham estate had a mixture of blood from Nicole, Goldman and Simpson .( how much more damning evidence can you get ? )

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/simpson/hairs_14.html

"If it doesn't fit you must aquit" .... what a joke anyone knows that leather shrinks when any fluid drys in it !

Simpson trying on the glove

Rubin subsequently testified that moisture had caused the extra large gloves to shrink a full size and later in the trial, Simpson again tried on a brand new pair of the Isotoner extra large gloves, which fitted perfectly. But it seemed that the damage was irretrievable

• Simon
    Simon

still thinking:

The jury selection was conducted by both the defense and the prosecution. So no point complaning about the jury now. By all accounts they took it very seriously and did an excellent job.

The prosecution didn't make a case. You have to ask yourself why ... after all the tricks, the time they had, everything on their side ... isn't the answer some don't like because it was simply a case of self-defense by GZ after being attacked by TM?

Try to shake out 15 months of media spin demonising GZ and painting TM as an innocent 12 year old kid buying sweeties before you answer.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I was simply following up on what caliber said, based on OTHER cases. I did not say that it necessarily impacted this case. But, in all honesty, can you say that the links I provided didn't make you question it a little bit?

I just see this as an issue worth looking at. It isn't in isolation. This case is not unusual...and the jury selection isn't either.

I am NOT trying to demonize anyone. Just looking at ALL sides of the issue that could possibly influence the outcome.

Besides...there are a number of cases that have had different outcomes once they have gone to the court of appeal...and the high court judges HAVE found that race was an issue. And the jury WAS biased. So...it is not an idea that should be dismissed lightly when there is a ALL white jury. All I am saying is that it would have been a better representation of society to have both sexes represented along with different races and ethnic backgrounds. How is that unreasonable?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Try to shake out 15 months of media spin demonising GZ and painting TM as an innocent 12 year old kid buying sweeties before you answer.

I don't have that image in my head. I have a 20 year old daughter and a 17 year old son and a 5 year old son. I am well aware of how old TM was. I have no image of him buying sweeties.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

at tootired2care, I said it could have been racial profiling. I dont think it was but I do not presume to know all facts in this case. We only heard one side of it. Obviously, you do not know me but I am far from being a leftist.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Simon, now you sound biased. Assaulting a cop, an ex fiance not relevant bc it happened years ago? what about trying to hide money and assets before the trial? Sounds like GZs charachter hasnt changed much from years ago.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Funny, I didn't see that. I did see a lot of demonising a dead boy though.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, you people sound bitter and disrespectful of the American justice system.

• 5go
    5go

manslaughter going for murder was pretty much the reason z walked even though it was an option it wasn't argued well.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Two things stand out to me in reading the last several pages of this thread:

- some believe that the color of the skin that one is born in automatically makes one 'part of a group'... not one's developed ideals, lifestyle, philosophical outlook on life, accomplishments (you know, active participation and choice to identify); and - as part of a pre-determined group - one can justifiably be interfered with in the course of normal daily activities.

- at least one person believes that the 'racial' classification "white/hispanic" is a gift and promotion to light-skinned persons of Latin American background (where the population can be descendant of European Spaniards, Native Americans, Africans or Asians... or a combination of any of the previous), as expressed by the phrase "The little boy was what we now favorably call a white/hispanic". So, evidently, the author of this phrase thinks this is a superior status, yes?

So much personal revelation born of one incident!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit