"The organisation is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Jehovah"

by Alive! 160 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The JW religion is what you make of it. It can be tailored to your personality.....a watcher

..........................................ONLY ON PLANET DELUSIONAL..

....................................Image result for planet

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    With the GB lie's they damaged any faith I have in believing in any religion. Over the last 30 years I have educated myself and have come to the conclusion that no religion has the ultimate truth and is only something invented by humans to control other humans.
  • millie210
    millie210

a watcher and Close the Door,

I understand where you are at in your thinking and what you are trying to carve out for yourself.

One thing that is nice to know is that if at some future point it gets intolerable to maintain, you have many people here who will listen and help you take steps to find peace of mind.

I was where you are now at one time and what I am saying about helpful people here has been my experience.

• a watcher
    a watcher

GT, they're not TAKING my money, I'm GIVING them a small amount to pay my fair share. (literature and KH expenses)

And they can want in one hand...

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

The Israelites were enslaved in Egypt for 400 years before Jehovah redeemed them.

The Israelites often fell under the rule of wicked kings whose evil influences at times misled the nation into false worship. But Jehovah still saw them as his people.

Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses are imperfect, both as individuals and as a global Family. Yes, we're going to stumble and get things wrong. And yes, millions have become prey to the persuasive words and teachings of the abusive "shepherd" that exerts control over the Family.

But the abusive "shepherd" is not the "flock."

I have always remained convinced that, as a Family of faith -- the "flock" of Christ's disciples -- Jehovah's Witnesses as a people, notwithstanding their human imperfections, have a sincere love for Jehovah, a desire for truth (as best as we can grasp it), and a grasp of what it means to be wholeheartedly devoted disciples of Christ with a mission to proclaim the Good News in word and in deeds. I have encountered no other people on earth who as a community so singularly exhibit the qualities that Christ said would identify his people.

On the other hand, the Watchtower Society (which ultimately means the Governing Body, the "abusive shepherd") is a different story. To be fair, there are a number of things it does that are praiseworthy, particularly when it writes articles that encourage us to maintain our spiritual, moral, and ethical integrity as Christians. But the control it exerts over the brothers and sisters is reprehensible, and several of its key theological doctrines are false and have misled and continue to mislead millions. In those ways, it is a bad shepherd, an "evil slave." (see Matthew 24:48-51)

Yet the Governing Body is not Jehovah. The Governing Body is not Christ. The Governing Body and its Watchtower Society is not our "religion," nor the foundation of the faith of the Family of brothers and sisters. This very clear distinction seems to be lost on quite a number of people, particularly those who have become so heavily invested in bitterness.

And while the Family has been infected by a number of false teachings and has been wounded by the harmful control of the "wolf in sheep's clothing," that doesn't make us a "false religion" or a "cult." It just means Jesus and Peter were right:

"There will also be false teachers among you." (2 Peter 2:1)

This mirrors Jesus' words:

"Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men." (Matthew 7:15-20)

"Many false prophets will arise and mislead many." (Matthew 24:11)

I understand why so many have left, and why so many others remain quietly inactive at "the city's edge." I cannot blame them, nor will I presume to judge the weight of the burdens and/or pains they carry from their own unique experiences. As for such ones, I can only hope that inasmuch as I do not judge their decisions to remain separated from the Family, they likewise not judge my decision to remain with the Family.

Ultimately, remaining with the Family is not the same as endorsing the Watchtower Society, just as remaining in solidarity with abused siblings (though they may suffer Stockholm Syndrome) is not the same as endorsing the abuser who abused them.

And so, though a dissident, I remain. Because I love the brothers and sisters. Because I love Jehovah. And because I choose faith over bitterness in the face of tribulation; because I choose to trust that Jehovah will correct matters in his own time, rather than surrender to the angry discomposure that attends despair.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    You are interpreting that scripture to mean just Jehovah's witnesses as the flock. Actually jesus was talking to ALL followers of him, and warning them against false prophets coming in amongst them. And guess what, Russell was one of the false prophets he warned against.
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    Bravo, Brother Jeramy. Well said!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

"Yes, we're going to stumble and get things wrong", for over a hundred years.

Someone is lying, either Jehovah is having a difficult time in communicating

with your spiritual leaders or your spiritual leaders are making up sh---t as

they go alone. Explain to me why do you continue to receive New Light in

the last days. If the GB is not chosen by Jehovah who then made them your

spiritual leaders????

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

And while the Family has been infected by a number of false teachings and has been wounded by the harmful control of the "wolf in sheep's clothing," that doesn't make us a "false religion" or a "cult."....Brother Jeramy

Translation:

........................................The WatchTower Well Is Poisoned..

....................................................EVERYTHING IS FINE..

...........................http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/b/bb/Dimitri_Bielak_Poisoned_Well.jpg/350px-Dimitri_Bielak_Poisoned_Well.jpg

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

And please don't say they are not your spiritual leader, tell them they

are not your leader and you will be bounced out of the organization

before you can say Jehovah...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit