"The organisation is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Jehovah"

by Alive! 160 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sorry, I accidentally "liked" Awatchers comment. What I meant was.....

OMG!!! SUPER-LAME!!!!!

Not one organized Xian sect is the "channel of God." AWatcher is searching for people to bring to "Jehovah and Jesus", aka, the WTBTS mascots. YIKES!!! Someone please help these people before they worship a money grubbing sock-puppet!!

If you believe in the WTBTS brand of "God", you have problems and need to seek help. Seriously, Jerkhobo is always broke and he won't get a job, and he eats all your hot-pockets!!

Remember, this dynamic deity duo allows pedophilia prone perpetrators to persist in the priesthood of Dubland. Miscreants misappropriate "Mothers" money, while dastardly deeds of daring do remain unpunished! Will these craven, cowardly criminals be captured?!?! Will these insane inmates be incarcerated?!?!

Tune in!! Same DD time, same DD channel!!!

😇

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

JWs aren`t allowed to Pledge Allegiance..

Besides paying unto Caesar what is required for a travel document, and what I have already told you, and showed you with examples of JWS taking an oath to support the US Constitution, a JW Notary Public must take "an oath of office" and still maintains Christian neutrality AND does not commit Idolatry when taking the oath to support and defend the US Constitution. I hope that is clear to you now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Besides paying unto Caesar what is required for a travel document, and what I have already told you, and showed you with examples of JWS taking an oath to support the US Constitution, a JW Notary Public must take "an oath of office" and still maintains Christian neutrality AND does not commit Idolatry when taking the oath to support and defend the US Constitution. I hope that is clear to you now.....Fisherman

What is Clear to Me Is..

Your Ignoring WBT$ Instructions,directly from the "OFFICIAL" Watchtower web site..

Either you follow WBT$ Instructions or you don`t..

If your a JW and don`t follow WBT$ Instructions your a Hypocrite.....PERIOD..

The WBT$ is filled with Hypocrites,starting with WBT$ Leadership.......Your Good with That,we Get it..

Honesty Isn`t Of Much Value To You..

15. Why do Jehovah’s people refuse to join in nationalistic ceremonies?

15 Jehovah’s people remain loyal to the Messianic Kingdom not only by refusing military service but also by respectfully declining to join in nationalistic ceremonies. Especially since the outbreak of World War II, a wave of nationalistic fervor has swept the globe. Citizens of many countries have been required to vow allegiance to their homeland by reciting a pledge, singing a national anthem, or saluting a country’s flag. However, we give our exclusive devotion to Jehovah. (Ex. 20:4, 5) As a result, we have experienced a flood of persecution. Even so, Jehovah has again used “the earth” to swallow up some of this opposition. Note just a few of the remarkable victories that Jehovah through Christ has granted us in this matter.
  • RoyalFlushPhil
    RoyalFlushPhil

Outlaw he can't see the irony of Nathan Knorr signing those Passports and pledging allegiance! He's totally unbalanced because you posted the official teaching of the Watchtower Bible and $$$$$ Society.

"There are none so blinder than those who refuse to see!"

Watchtower quoting Africa Proverb in a late 1990s Mag.

Outlaw posted

15 Jehovah’s people remain loyal to the Messianic Kingdom not only by refusing military service but also by respectfully declining to join in nationalistic ceremonies. Especially since the outbreak of World War II, a wave of nationalistic fervor has swept the globe. Citizens of many countries have been required to vow allegiance to their homeland by reciting a pledge, singing a national anthem, or saluting a country’s flag. However, we give our exclusive devotion to Jehovah. (Ex. 20:4, 5) As a result, we have experienced a flood of persecution
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I still believe in God and have faith in his provisions but I found I couldn't remain actively preaching as a Jehovah's Witness and not feel a complete hypocrite. A friend commented to me that they can join in preaching but never mention some primary teachings that they are not happy with. I felt identifying myself as Jehovah's Witness would show my support. I have gone back to the hall at times but not to joining in the preaching work and after awhile I found there was little point especially if I was honest to all about how I felt. In the future who knows what changes will be made and maybe I would be able to whole heartedly support the kingdom preaching done by Jehovah's Witnesses but I feel God doesn't want lukewarm activity.
  • Miss Behaving
    Miss Behaving

Hi. I'm a lurker, this is my first post. I'm kind of young so I haven't really felt qualified to contribute, but here I go anyway:

After I became disillusioned with my religion, I still 'loved Jehovah'. I loved him deeply and sincerely because in my mind I equated him with the creator, and there's a lot to love about creation.

I don't think so anymore. If there is a being out there responsible for our world, why would he limit himself to a single faith? Diversity is inherent in our biological systems. Wouldn't he reflect the qualities of his own creation? Also, if such a being existed, why would he choose such a hateful group as his single channel on earth, and then punish the rest of us for not joining it?

I read the argument that ancient Israel sucked, but still had divinity, so the JWs can still be a divinely chosen people no matter how crazy the organization itself gets. But isn't that old testament stuff? I thought the whole point of Jesus and the apostles was to free people from oppressive religious systems. Why the hell would God want us to go backwards?

I'm sure a person can find spiritual fulfillment anywhere, even among Jehovah's Witnesses. But don't JWs teach that we share responsibility for whatever crimes the organization we are a part of commits? That's the reason I remember giving for why we didn't get involved in politics and why we told people to leave their faith. 'Get out of her my people' and all that. I, for one, am unwilling to be a party to any more of their criminal activities, even though that choice has subsequently caused me to lose everything.

As for Jehovah, if I were him I'd be embarrassed to have my name associated with this bunch, they've done more damage to it then the rest of 'Satan's' world put together.

Personally, I think Jehovah does exist. I think on some level the things we believe in strongly, can take on a force and life of their own. If anything, he's a petty minor god, given power by collective imagination, and I refuse to let that mythology have power over me any longer.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

There was a time in the organization when love of Jehovah and Jesus was not tied in with "loving" and being "dedicated" to the Society - a mere publishing company. Many older and some other JWs still believe this way, including myself. This is especially the case with many born in JWs of aged years.

As I mentioned in another post, the earlier publications always encouraged readers to carefully examine their statements against the Bible, and if something didn't add up, then false statements should be tossed aside.

Attending a KH, going out in the ministry and sharing Bible verses and basic tracts (not GB/WT chronology garbage or other false doctrines) is considered by some as their duty (Matthew 28:19). Baptism is another thing. Without going into great detail, there are ways to get baptized and officially recognized by the congregation without going through those silly questions. Some of us did not pledge allegiance to the GB. Things were very different back in the day, and some of us have taught that to our children and Bible studies too. Personally, I don't attempt to bring any of my Bible studies to the congregation or have them "join" anything.

Service to Jehovah and dedication to the GB are two different things. Some Witnesses can't see that. Most x-JWs will never see the difference. Attending KH meetings does not make one a follower of the GB. I don't consider myself, my family or many in my cong. as R&F Witnesses.

"Do and observe everything that they tell you; but do not imitate their deeds, for they say things and do not do them. And they pack heavy loads and lay them on men's shoulders, but will not move them with a finger themselves. And all their moral acts they do with an eye to being viewed by men." (Matthew 23:3-5 - Bible in Living English)

• Fernando
    Fernando

Brother Jeramy, it just came to mind that you could one day be the Watchtower's Staupitz...

He got poor old Martin Luther straight thereby saving him from himself and unleashing one of the greatest forces of the first reformation...

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Miss Behaving, and thank you for sharing part of your story.

When you are ready, we'd like to know more, but only what you're comfortable sharing at this stage.

You might want to start a new thread.

And you write and express yourself well - don't hold back, even if you're still figuring things out. That is what this community is about.

Best wishes

Fernando

SEQ, Australia

• Ding
    Ding
    The problem with the title quotation is that according to the WT, a person can't have a relationship with Jehovah except through the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit