Forum cleanup and archive

by Simon 80 Replies latest forum announcements

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for your hard work Simon!

• Simon
    Simon
    Just delete all those "... you have a PM" threads.

Yeah, those are gone !

I seriously doubt Lars is going to start his own religion - if he did then I'd be more concerned with helping him do it than losing his crazy posts.

Don't worry, I'm not taking a weed-whacker to it - nothing of real value is going to be deleted!

It's more like a facebook post from 10 years ago talking about some funny cartoon you saw that day ... but the cartoon is long gone. Is anyone going to value a "Hey, look at this, it's funny !" post in the future? I doubt it ...

I'm not struggling for space but everything takes a toll on performance and storage and it's better to clean up from time to time. Some topics are by their nature very transient, others are 'keepers' and will definitely be kept.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Simon, I sent you a pm @ 3 weeks ago. Can you take a look? Thanks!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Oh well my post count will drop considerably!

• Glander
    Glander

PLEASE, NO MORE!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If we really a tight for space then I don't imagine simply deleting posts about PMs, weather and ice creams is going to fix the problem in the long run anyway.

Deleting Lar's posts should gain about 20% more space.

Doc

• talesin
    talesin

Deleting Lar's posts should gain about 20% more space.

Doc

Really? Is your dick that small that you MUST take a shot at Lars, the mentally ill?

SMH.... I bet you never saw it that way, so here's hoping you have a new POV.

Really, it's one more reason to take a break .................

tal

• minimus
    minimus

When most of my posts vanish, it will be a whole new board...lol

• franticfran
    franticfran

WhenI clean my wardrobe I say to myself, if I havent worn it for two years Im never going to and then??? I put it back in the wardrobe...."just in case"

• Glander
    Glander

Simon caught in a candid photo a couple of days ago -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit