Forum cleanup and archive

by Simon 80 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

A small number of topics have been temporarilly removed because they contained a lot of, well just 'drivel' - once they have been cleaned up they may return.

• besty
    besty

I see that http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/187434/57/Facebook-Watchtower-Group didn't make the grade?

Shame to delete a thread with 50k page views - thats JWN history :-)

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Mouthy (I prefer Grace) you or anyone here could never hurt me.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Use your best judgement Simon and keep cleaning house.

• Simon
    Simon

Hopefully all the negatives won't prevent this making sense:

Not all the topics that are not currently shown will continue to be not shown in future (uh?!). Some have been removed until they can be properly cleaned up if they appeared to contain a lot of gibberrish posts or smut. Thank the people that trashed them ...

For some topics, they just don't make much sense without the original source material - so for instance a link to a site and a comment when the site that it links to is gone. Such is the nature of the interwebs - it's a living thing, not a static library.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Clean away Simon! Now I have to go down to the basement and throw out all of the junk I should have thrown out when we moved ten years ago.

• Simon
    Simon

We still have things in boxes from 3 moves ago.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A community that has no history has no future. Be warned.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey, i just upgraded from win2000 to xp!

S

• Simon
    Simon
    A community that has no history has no future. Be warned.

A community that allows it's valuable content to be buried does itself a disservice. The "here and now" isn't always worth keeping. DO you record what Fred said to Betty on Big Brother 1995? Does anyone care? No - because it has ZERO value.

Only hoarders save 'everything' and that means they then have little of any real value. Collectors don't save rubbish and have more to show for it at the ends.

Anyway, you've made the same "point" several times but it's a complete non-issue. Thank you, I consider myself "warned" (oooh).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit