Forum cleanup and archive

by Simon 80 Replies latest forum announcements

• jgnat
    jgnat

Librarians throw out a lot of books. It's a matter of space and currency.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Hey Simon. I'm just curious but how many new members are signing up in a specific time? How many hits do you get in a day. Where are most of the hits coming from (I would be guessing USA). Also has the rate of new members and site hits increased from say what it was 8 years ago. I would be interested to know this as it could be a good indicator of how well the WTBTS is performing. It would stand to reason if members were happy and fulfilled with the Org then this forum would be decreasing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Librarians throw out a lot of books. It's a matter of space and currency.

I know and I buy them and make a living from it. You wouldn't believe what valuable stuff they chuck out. Local librarians are the biggest numbskulls on the planet.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I believe it. Librarians are constrained as I said, by a limited budget and space. Hard decisions are made. The residual value, as you describe, vintage works or social indicators, are best put in an archives, not in public space.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Every place deserve a good springclean

• Simon
    Simon

Should we be keeping spam too?

It may be useful for future ... not !

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cleaning out old clunk is liberating. I know, i have never missed old stuff that i cleaned out and tossed. I felt like a load had been taken off.

S

• laverite
    laverite

I can't stand clutter. I get rid of things left right and center, even things I wind up needing. I am the opposite of a hoarder.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Successful business people, that i have seen, deal w shit and quickly flush what they don't want. They don't delay making the decisions. They do things at the right time. They are also able to sit and wait for what they want to come around.

S

• Simon
    Simon

The one book I regret not keeping: "Tell them in Sparta" by Roderick Miton.

Damn, you just can't get it now and I really want to re-read it. It's typically $275 second-hand.

Stupid electronic age - we were promised instant printing of books. Google have it digitised but not available to buy.

Argh, I hate book publishers !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit