talesin

G-MAn! lmao!

:D

Now, that's keepin' it real.

xoxo

tal

• Satanus
    Satanus

Theory is that water movement, as in rivers and lakes, affects humans. In this case, by the theory, a fast flowing flood triggered the washing away of many things. Just an observation, for what it may or may not be worth.

S

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

this means you'll probably delete most of my threads -- OK by me! I completely agree that most of my threads are trivial and I'm not so in love with every word I write that I want you to save them! I'm the queen of fluff.

BTW has anyone tried to find threads through the wayback machine? I've found stuff that way, stuff that has otherwise disappeared. I even found some old JWS stuff that had been saved by the wayback machine.

• Scully
    Scully

What's kind of sad from my point of view is the "Best of" section with all those dead links to the old JWD format.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm hoping, Scully, that those Best of links will be fixed.

I'm with you, Simon. My job is information management, and not all information has the same value. The good stuff is more accessible by cleaning out the junk. I must preach this several times a month.

PS you might automate it by topic the thread is posted, on condition that people are consistent in classifying their posts. Friends of course is a mixed bag.

PPS SBF, I know your thing is books and I used to believe all books have inestimable value. No more. I mark the good ones, trade away the one-offs. There are a few books so very, very bad I could not finish them (1). A browse through www.gutenberg.org, especially the proofread projects, and I am also convinced that not all literature deserves resurrection, other than as an anachronism.

Never Again

• sd-7
    sd-7

Guess I better make sure I save the Beast-Tower Library Index, then! There's a lot of fine instruction I'd hate to lose forever!

--sd-7

• Simon
    Simon
    What's kind of sad from my point of view is the "Best of" section with all those dead links to the old JWD format.
    I'm hoping, Scully, that those Best of links will be fixed.

They will indeed be fixed - all the old links will magically start working again very soon.

See, I'm not just removing things ... I'm also resurrecting things too. Like Jebus but with less water-walking and water-winery happening.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Great!

Once you finish the housecleaning is there any way you can make the 'SEARCH' feature easier for

computer illiterates like myself (not that I'm implying other posters are dummies like me)?

Ddiolch filiwn

Welsh for 'Thanks a million'

With the accent.

• Simon
    Simon

Search is working pretty well and there's also a 'related topics' to help find similar topics on a subject (powered by the search)

Shouldn't be far off now ...

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thanks for this thread and the hard work on the site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit