My mother continues with these creepy letters

by sosoconfused 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

As I continue to post these letters just to let people see what they can expect through a fade, I hope they are not annoying anyone.

If so please let me know and I will no longer post them. However I think these letters help you to see how cultish and crazy this religion causes people to become:

Evening <name removed>,

Perhaps I should say morning, it's after midnight. I haven't contacted you or <wife's name removed> after the fiasco on Friday because I was justifiably angry. Neither will I apologize for hanging up on you, <wife's name removed>. As this letter is to the both of you, at this point <wife's name removed> I need to say to you that I don't talk to anyone who calls me to scream foolishness or lies. I certainly didn't say or do anything to hurt <daughter's' name removed>sis. I listened to her explain about her play, asked a few questions about it. I told her I would give her news to <niece's name removed> and I also said that <niece's name removed> wanted me to give <daughter's' name removed> her news...that she is now an unbaptized publisher. It's sad that I must be the go between for my granddaughters. Those two sweet little girls love each other. <niece's name removed> often sends her news to <daughter's' name removed> through me because no one answers her calls. That's so sad. They made a pact last year to be "secret sisters" only <daughter's' name removed> couldn't keep the secret, she came & told me. It's sad that a silly difference between parents can cause these two little ones not to be able to spend time together. For those of us who truly love Jehovah, we recognize Jesus words "to be known by the love we show each other". Matthew 18 is a significant chapter for us to rely on when it comes to dealing with matters that take away peace.

<wife's name removed> I've held this back for a while, and for <name removed>'s sake I've overlooked much with regard to the way you are with us. If you have issues with trust, it's certainly not because of anything we have done to you. Dad & I have asked about the kids coming many times and over the phone is a great way to stay in touch with their grandparents. We could SKYPE with them. Jim & I would love to hear their news and antics as we do with our other grandkids. You guys don't allow them to call & if we get you over the phone you don't put them on. Those two sweethearts deserve to be able to experience loving grandparents. Especially grandparents that love and serve Jehovah. The scriptures help us appreciate the danger of bad association, no matter if it's an associate or family member. You take them to visit with worldly relatives at holiday time but don't want them to visit with grandparents and cousins that love and worship Jehovah? So be it. That's all I'll say about that.

Over the past two weeks, Dad & I have gone over & over your issue <name removed>. I mistakenly thought that you , <wife's name removed>, would be loyal to Jehovah's Faithful slave, but it seems you don't see the danger & seem to embrace the same feelings. I've had the experience of meeting those who turn apostate over the years I've been in the truth. Some lived in our congregation's territory. Some distributed tracts, others always wanted to argue and some even began their own religion. And always, their reasoning is like yours. Fault is found because of a clearer understanding, or information is changed . Many fall away when that happens because they are looking for a way not to obey some of Jehovah's requirements. You fail to accept the fact that Jehovah's organization is perfect and it's on the move. However, the earthly part is made up of imperfect people and there have been times when some ran ahead or didn't wait for Jehovah's direction and information was given to us that wasn't what Jehovah intended. Be that as it may....this is still "THE WAY". It is evident that this is the organization obeying Jesus' command at Matthew 28:19, 20 to go and make disciples. Jesus said the good news would be preached throughout the earth and then the end would come. Who else has proven, by growing to almost 8 million people in so short a time that they are having Jehovah's blessing. Look at the way Jehovah has provided branch offices throughout the earth to direct this work, Think of the cost, the time, all the resources Jehovah has used so that "millions now living would never die". Think of the many that have been given a wonderful hope and have come to know of Jehovah's purposes for mankind. Our WATCHTOWER study articles for the past two weeks have been so filled with reasons for our loyalty to Jehovah and the organizational arrangement we have. It's truly what we need in the times we are living through. <name removed>, because there are imperfect men in our organization, we will see much before this system ends that may cause doubts in some & stumble others. Those imperfect men may make mistakes.... look at Peter, Paul, doubting Thomas, many others who were of the anointed. Consider Moses, David and others.....we are all imperfect. But believe me when I tell you this,.....Jehovah is not speaking through one individual, He has set a body of men in motion and it is to our benefit to follow this direction. Jesus said to stay awake! Don't become complacent and satisfied with this system. There are those that just want a "normal life" now. There is no such thing in this current system. Jehovah has blessed you both with much, but you can lose it in a split second. If Satan succeeds in drawing you away from Jehovah, all you have worked hard for he's going to take away and bring you down. That's always what he does. He just wants to separate you from Jehovah. I've seen it happen before. Before this system is done, we're going to see much that will cause fear and doubt in some among us. Please, please go to Jehovah in prayer, beg his forgiveness and request His help to get back on the right path. As Peter said to Jesus when asked if he wanted to leave....Where can we go? If Jehovah set a body of men in early Christian times to spearhead this work and if this work that we've been doing is in obedience to Jesus commands, who are we to go contrary to it. Keep testing if you still have faith. You can test your faith by considering ...how much time you spend reading the Bible each day and meditating on it......with your family to strengthen them. Making sure you attend your meetings....be happy that you can freely attend, instead of being negative and critical of your brothers and sisters, make it a point to find the good in each one. We are all imperfect, yet we love Jehovah. Get back into the ministry. Field service is a strengthener of faith. Lean on Jehovah.

The beard,....... I know that for reasons due to health you had to let it grow out. Well, when you can, cut it off. Even if you won't admit it, to yourself, that's part of your rebelliousness. Remember where rebellion got it's start <name removed>. Please, don't go down that road. You know deep in your heart, that this is Jehovah's way. You seem to have done a systematic study to find fault with Jehovah's organization. Satan has really snagged you. But hopefully, you both have time. You both can declare that you're happy, but who on death row is really happy. You know deep within that this is really the only true way. I think of the pain Dad and I already experience. I was so happy that 3 John 4 could apply to us...all our children were serving Jehovah. Now..........

Your dad is so torn. He's talked to <brothers' name removed> about this. He's been doing research. I think how this is going to hurt your sister and brother. <sister's name removed> is still weak and trying to grow. Today, I prepared another blood card in case I have to have surgery. You were my second surrogate. With your views, how do I know you would follow Jehovah's direction if I couldn't speak for myself and Dad wasn't able to. Do you know how that makes me feel. But through it all <name removed>, please think of how Jehovah feels. Don't persist in this and cause yourself to be removed from Jehovah's organization. It's going to rip thru us if you are cast out. I pray for you so much. For all of you. So does dad.

You don't have to respond back, either of you, if it's just to continue in the way you are going. I can't deal with much more of it because it's truly affected both dad & I. Don't be too proud and feel you can't change. Go to Jehovah. grow close to your brother & father & let them help you. You know the benefit of going to the elders if you need healing. Remember Isaiah 41:10,13. Jehovah says don't be afraid, He's holding out His right hand to you, He promises to help you. You both need Jehovah's help.

Remember, <name removed>, I love you. I carried you 8 months under my heart. you're a part of me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Carried you only eight months, eh? She must have been in a hurry to get you out.

I don't think it helps you very much to keep reading this sort of stuff. The board, sure. It helps inoculate us all from the manipulation.

Consider returning or discarding her letters unopened. E-mails can be re-routed to the trash.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Wow, sosoconfused. Sorry your mom is on the warpath.

But it's so culty "please shave your beard".

It's a good sign your dad is doing research though. Maybe something you said got through?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    there have been times when some ran ahead or didn't wait for Jehovah's direction and information was given to us that wasn't what Jehovah intended. Be that as it may....this is still "THE WAY".

In other words they give false prophesies and expect people to give up their education, good jobs, homes, chance to have children and when they don't come true it is the ordinary folk who 'ran ahead'.

The beard,....... I know that for reasons due to health you had to let it grow out. Well, when you can, cut it off. Even if you won't admit it, to yourself, that's part of your rebelliousness.

This is just galling for you. It gives an insight into how they think so thanks for that. Sometimes I forget - thankfully!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

sosoconfused,

It’s always sad to see Watchtower victims left so helpless.

The mother who wrote this letter has been disarmed of her thinking ability by Watchtower propaganda. Where learning has occurred, she acts as though it’s a bad thing.

She fails to recognize the organization she supports demands that its teachings and policies be obeyed as though published by perfect men despite admission those men are imperfect.

Marvin Shilmer

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

When they view the new "Prodigal Son Returns" video, your parents are going to have a meltdown. You can view it on YouTube.

Your mother is responding to your situation in the only why she knows how. Perhaps she is naturally a guilt-tripper. And her 100% devotion to the Org. magnifies her own fear and feelings of failure.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I always read these letters, even though they anger me. It sounds like my mother, and is intriguing how the Watchtower is able to turn people into such mindless drones.

As Peter said to Jesus when asked if he wanted to leave....Where can we go?

It is amazing how almost every time I read a letter that discusses what Peter says to Jesus, it uses the word where instead of whom. That is a great indication of how strongly the Watchtower has replaced Jesus with the organisation in followers minds.

• Watkins
    Watkins

"As Peter said to Jesus when asked if he wanted to leave....Where can we go?"

Wow, they're still twisting that verse... can hardly believe it. The REAL truth is contradictory to the wt take on it -

John 6: 67 So Jesus said to the twelve, “You do not want to go away also, do you?” 68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. 69 We have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.”

John 14:6 Jesus *said to him, “ I am the way , and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

I'm so sorry you're going thru this. Your Mom is very sincere - she's only afraid for you based on what she's been taught. My heart goes out to you all.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

For whatever it's worth, reading the letters helps me understand the mindsets that many are struggling with.

Should any of my friends leave, I'm seeing that this type of pressure may be a huge weight on their psyches.

This is painful.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“It is amazing how almost every time I read a letter that discusses what Peter says to Jesus, it uses the word where instead of whom. That is a great indication of how strongly the Watchtower has replaced Jesus with the organisation in followers minds.”

I’ve noticed the same tendency, and no wonder. Look at how Watchtower plants that very idea into the brains of Jehovah’s Witnesses:

If I find myself in a situation where changes seem hard to accept, I reflect on Peter’s words to Jesus: ‘Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life.’ Then I ask myself, ‘Where shall I go away to—out there into the darkness of the world?’ This helps me to hold firmly to God’s organization.”—John 6:68.”—(The Watchtower, February 15, 2006, p. 30. Underlining added)

It’s disgusting!

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit