My mother continues with these creepy letters

by sosoconfused 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

SOSOCONFUSED- Sorry you are getting these letters still from your mom. I swear- she sounds exactly like my JW ex-wife who I had kids with years ago. You are handling it well my friend . Keep on keeping on. It's admirable that you are posting excerpts here on the board so others can see how deep the mind control runs in these JW people. We are here for you my friend. I just hope you and your wife get some peace very soon and your mom ceases and desists from trying to bother you constantly. Hang in there buddy. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

The thing to do with guilt is to refuse to accept delivery.

"Thanks for the new rant, mom. I didn't actually read all of it. Too long, and too much the same old garbage."

• sd-7
    sd-7

This reminds me of my mom wanting to get rid of some video games and giving them to me. She then changed her mind and left me a note saying that the games were "evil" and would "lead you further away from Jehovah". The note was shorter than this letter, but equally as creepy. Especially since we had all been playing those games for decades up until now.

Of course, for me it really was kind of annoying because she was worried I'd be 'tempted' to play the games rather than getting rid of them. If it weren't for my wife I would never have any dealings with my mom again in life. But it's the sort of thing that doesn't exactly inspire me to 'repent'. Knowing I won't be able to play Zelda at home without having a fight with the Mrs. over it is the last thing I need.

Anyway, yeah, you have to shut down. Since this sort of personal attack is going on, you really do have to just cut her off. Emotionally at least, and the rest is easy from there.

--sd-7

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@sd - As I type this I am truly taking your advice and shutting down... I have no desire to speak to these people

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Go easy on her .It takes time .Ask her to help undrstand why your thinking is wrong and in the process you can get her to see your point.We were all like this at one point .

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@raymond - just this morning my mom left me a message telling me not to contact her until i am ready to come back to the truth and to respect Jehovahs faithful Slave...

She said I am an instrument of Satan and that she will not allow me to erode her faith. SO I am pretty much done for the time being

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

SSC's MOM: Think of the cost, the time, all the resources Jehovah has used so that "millions now living would never die".

To get past the indoctrination ,you need to brake it in very small parts and ask her calmly and slowly small questions:

Mum who made this statement ?

What year did he make this statement ?

How many years have past ever since ?

Have most of these people died?

If this statement is wrong is Jehovah wrong or J.F.Rutherford wrong?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Those two sweethearts deserve to be able to experience loving grandparents.

This was a point with my mother as well.

My thought? "Don't I deserve loving parents that won't hold back affection based on religious opinion?"

First they have to prove they can love me, then I'll let my children near them.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I really do feel for you brother I'm still going through the same process with my close family that refuses to see it fot what it is , a golden calf

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@ray - I found out today from my sister who told me today she is also leaving(great news), the reason they are like this. She is older than me and knows more of our history.

My dad came in to this organization in 1966 married my mom in 67 had a great job. In 69 the quite to move south to server were the need was greater because in 75 the world would end... They moved us to a remote location in NC and he experienced extreme predjudice. They battle through it thinking it was all part of "Satans Snares" to stop them from saving others. The prejudice in the local congregations was awful(I will save that for another thread). As 75 came and went my dad went into depression and began to drink heavily again and became inactive. I was born in 77 in the middle of his depression. My mother held on to the truth from 77 - 82 in North Carolina as my dad dealt with the depression of giving up a good job and a comfortable lifestyle for a lie.

My mom left him for 6 months and moved North. He followed later and vowed to continue.

This is why the only people in my family sticking to me are my sister and Father. They both see how this org destroys lives and the hope for ones future

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit