Design or Non-Design, finally we know, Darwin's Doubt

by QC 371 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Note the perfect crystalline structure of sugar.

Sugar

The larger crystals reflect the underlying molecular structure. No woo required.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Chemistry is what atoms do - life is what chemistry does.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There was a time when scientists could not explain, for instance, how a moth flies. We know more now. It has to do with trailing edge vortices.

Trailing Edge

We are using the information to build better wings, amongst other things. The beautiful design is a direct result of the physics.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I love creationists, especially the rabid jesus loving kind blissfully drowning in a sea of confirmation bias, logical fallacies and outright ignorance, they make many more atheists than they could ever possibly conceive of and that being the exact opposite of what they ever intend makes it just that much more awesome a spectacle.

• QC
    QC
    bohm: there is nothing to discuss.

I agree. Your posts are delusions of grandeur. You're not as smart as you think.

bohm: (tada!) they [ Fibonacci patterns and mathematics] were the product of design... [Fibonacci] Natural processes… seem designed.

Can't have it both ways, it's either evidence of a design or it's not a design. Trying to mimic Dawkins' 'design non-design' oxymoronic nonsense make you look silly.

de • sign
    [dih-zahyn]
    verb (used with object)
    2. to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
    3. to intend for a definite purpose.
    4. to form or conceive in the mind; contrive; plan.
    5. to assign in thought or intention; purpose.

ALL sophisticated Fibonacci patterns have compounded sequential mathematic uniqueness--planned skillfully, purposefully and intentionally.

CAN’T HAPPEN BY CHANCE!

So, if you want to be a clapping seal for Dawkins do it on YOUR threads. Thanks

• cofty
    cofty

In biology the word "design" simply means the correlation between form and function.

It does not imply an intelligent designer.

Looking for significance in the Fibonacci pattern is nothing more than numerology...

• QC
    QC
    cofty: In biology the word "design" simply means the correlation between form and function.

What dictionary is that?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

QC, let's review design, ok? Hurricanes, tornadoes, parasites, predation, diseases, volcanoes, earthquakes, supernovas, death, tsunamis, just to name a few. I don't understand where that all fits in, can you please elaborate?

• cofty
    cofty

QC - look up obtuse in your dictionary.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If there is evidence of design, then there is evidence of a designer. Still, evidence is not the same as proof. Scientists would be incorrect if they claimed evidence was proof. To actually prove something is huge! No scientist can prove that a creator does not exist. Anyone who believes this has been proven is incorrect. If you can prove that there is zero evidence of design, then you have something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit