If ARMAGEDDON Came, Would YOU Repent?

by Cold Steel 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

By grace, and by Holy Spirit, I have already been granted the "free gift" of repentance (awareness of my ignorance and dysfunction/sin).

This happened when I for the first time heard the "unabridged gospel of grace" and chose to yield, obey and embrace.

This led me and my family out of the snare and racket that is guilt laden, coercive, legalistic and moralistic religion (Babylon).

An important consequence has been liberation from fear of death (the "big A") and liberation from ignorance which allowed the Watchtower to impose their apostate interpretation of Armageddon (which word appears only once in scripture). Heb 2:15.

It is no accident that the average JW knows plenty about the Watchtower's teaching of Armageddon, and nothing about what the Bible has to say about the "Good News".

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I don't believe I have anything to repent for. So if the world was coming to an end... I'd grab the Jack Daniels and sit on the front porch.

-James

• Dagney
    Dagney

I already said the the sinner's prayer, you only have to say it once, right? I'm good.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Where's that 'Armageddon Hasn't Arrived' thread when we need it?

--sd-7

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

why would repenting be required? what did I do that was wrong?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I would just go back to bed

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

If the dubs turned out to be right, I'd rather be dead.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I would take whatever action I'd normally take in times of war and natural disaster, because there is no way in heck I would believe the bible was right. There is already full proof it is wrong and not inspired of any intelligent god.

If I was delusional enough to believe the dubs were right, then I suppose I'd stock up on enough medications and booze to get myself really drunk and then end it all peacefully. I would neither want to let jehoopla kill me in his torturous way, or live forever with a life of gloom and boredom with a bunch of idiotic, hateful people.

So there!

• finally awake
    finally awake

the only thing i have to regret or repent for in this life is the time I wasted being a dub

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

A lot of you missed my point entirely.

The thread was aimed at ascertaining what, given a chain of natural disasters that give way to world war (and isn't that what the Society is expecting?), the effect would have on you. Visualize anything the Society could think of about what Aramageddon would be like and ask yourself whether you would chalk it up to natural events and bum luck or whether you would go running back to the nearest Kingdom Hall to ensure you're on the right side?

The Society is actually WRONG about the Armageddon events. It's really about a battle for the survival of the Jews in Israel, but the Society believes it will be a worldwide catastrophic event, somewhat like the Norse Ragnorak, only in their worldview Jehovah wins the day.

My old economics professor used to say that if you predict disaster often enough, eventually you'll be right. The Society has been predicting disaster for how long? So if they finally hit the proverbial jackpot, what do YOU chalk it up to? Global warming? Sh-- happens? Or, could it actually be, at last, the long awaited, and dreaded, Armageddon?

[Add dramatic music here]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit