If ARMAGEDDON Came, Would YOU Repent?

by Cold Steel 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The day finally comes. You get up one day with the nagging feeling that it's going to be different. You get dressed, get in the car, then notice how dark the weather's getting. And though it looks ominous, you drive into work, park and go inside. You see small groups of employees are centered around small televison sets. Short range telemetry has revealed a series of small asteroids headed for Earth and scientists are appearing on television to try to explain the danger. Their voices are low, but you can hear the concern in their voices. You listen long enough to tell that something crazy is going on, then decide to take off and see if you can locate your girlfriend, Sara.

The first asteroid hits at 9:14 a.m. You can barely hear the talking heads on the radio, as interference is making reception difficult. Then the air raid sirens go off. According to a news report, just coming in, several nations have declared war on each other and a nuclear device already had been detonated in Syria. In fact, Damascus now lies in ruins...and it's spreading.

Armageddon is upon the world. Or is it? As things go from bad to worse, you remember all those things the elders used to tout about the horrendous events that would accompany Armageddon. Now those horrors seem to be happening before your very eyes. Were you crazy leaving the Society at the very moment when they were finally right? Or are the evangelicals right? They've said for years that Jehovah's Witnesses were going to a forever Hell...also those who haven't come to Christ.

What to do? Should you pull over and recite the "sinner's prayer"? Or do you make a bee line to the Kingdom Hall and hope the elders forgive you in time to make good with Jehovah? Or is this all just a coincidental chain of events?

So what do YOU do?

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

If...and that's a big if...meteors were heading toward the earth and were of divine origin...I would ride my unicorn to Fantasia to hids among the flying pigs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So what do YOU do?

Die in style!

It would take a lot to convince me it was connected to invisible sky twat Jehovah(TM) or any other trademark of the religious corporations.

• poppers
    poppers

"Or do you make a bee line to the Kingdom Hall and hope the elders forgive you in time to make good with Jehovah?"

What do the elder's have to do with Jehovah's forgiveness?

• SophieG
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What would I repent of? I screw up everyday.... Christ's death has covered my sins. Sinning against the holy spirit is unforgivable, I don't think that I have done that. I would welcome it because JW's are wrong about how things will play out, and I am tired of being on this rock..

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

You've got an over active imagination, and your question is so absurd it's not even worth answering.

You're implying that I was born with some innate stain or defect that I need to repent for? Well, I don't believe that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If the End of the World came, I'd take my family home and spend whatever time I had left with them (and advise anybody who asked to stay the hell away from Walkill, Warwick, and Patterson, NY).

In the highly unlikely event the WTS were somehow right all along, I'd rather me and mine die in the Big A than live an eternity in servitude to men like Gerritt Loesch and Anthony Morris III.

• prologos
    prologos

If there is an Armageddon, the outcome will not be what WT expects. why?

No outcome ever was what WT expected.

So it will be a welcome, freeing happening.

I repented when I freed myself.

• bigmac
    bigmac

then decide to take off and see if you can locate your girlfriend, Sara.

too late---i got there first--and i'm boffing her brains out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit