Evolution is Crap, there I said it!

by Crazyguy 261 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

"adjust and learn to enjoy reality"

That's WT-speak, you know. Trigger words. Adjust. Learn to enjoy. Enjoyment comes naturally by experiencing or doing joyful things. It is twisted, say, to sit in a hard seat for eight hours listening to those appointed to "dispense truth" and learn to call it enjoyable.

A sincere searcher after truth need never adjust to another's reality or sit on his laurels. There is enjoyment in a lifetime of seeking, learning, asking questions, and never resting in the pursuit.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13663-evolution-myths-the-bacterial-flagellum-is-irreducibly-complex.html#.Ucx7Nqw0-hM

• This_suit_doesnt_fit
    This_suit_doesnt_fit

Really? I'm being called out on a throwaway jab?

Fine, I'll let Wikipedia answer:

Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.

No one is calling you out, I was legitimately asking your thoughts on what reality means to you.

Everyone says they know reality & it's always "other guy" who has it wrong. You implied you knew reality & the other guy had it wrong. Just wondering how you separated your accurate reality from their false reality.

Our beliefs & feelings are obviously not an accurate judge of whats real. How can anyone have a serious conversation about science or evolution with only feelings, wishes, beliefs, and vague claims of knowledge? Without objective definitions, everything that is said about "reality" is pointless.

I agree with what you said, I was just wondering on what basis you said it.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Hey Jgnat:

"A sincere searcher after truth nee never adjust to another's reality or sit on his laurels. There is enjoyment in a lifetime of seeking, learning, asking questions, and never resting in the pusuit." Was this a quotation from someone or did you come up with this on your own. Very profound indeed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

All mine, truthseeker. As much as any thought is original; it came out of the primordial soup of truth that I've been collecting for years.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

jgnat I wish I'd have said that. If I ever use that quotation or expression I will make sure you get credit for it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Crazy Guy, there is nothing wrong with mulling these things over in your head. I grew up accepting evolution as cold, hard fact. Never questioned it. Now? I view it all with a watching and waiting mind. I view it as a theory. There is a lot about it that really does not make sense or work. I'm not saying that it isn't true. I'm saying that I keep my mind open. Some of the things science proposes can be as ridiculous as Geneis. It's possible others, even some who will post on this thread, have the same feelings. People are likely afraid to say so because they will be called stupid, ignorant, etc. It really is okay to say that you find a lot about evolution that does not make sense, especially if there is not intelligence driving it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It all reminds me of The Emperor's New Clothes.

• cofty
    cofty

FHN - Perhaps the stuff that doesn't make sense to you is where you need to do a bit more research.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Cofty, accept that no matter how much research people do, me or anyone, some of these theories just aren't going to sound reasonable. Science can explain how things work and what tbings are made of, but when it comes to how they got here a lot of science is guess work. Some of what is theorized takes about as much faith as the simple Genesis story, to believe.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

If you wanted a professional medical opinion who would you talk to? How about legal advice or I.T support? I love the debate as much as anyone but nobody who's serious about understanding evolution can do it without investing the time and effort to read the research. The professional, peer reviewed, data driven research written by experts in their fields.

Want to understand evolutionary biology? Read what evolutionary biologists have to say!!

And this is Jerry Coyne's excellent blog; http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit