Evolution is Crap, there I said it!

by Crazyguy 261 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Evolution may be crap. Too bad it also happens to be true.

• steve2
    steve2

The OP is an embarrassment of half-baked ignorance. The ease of running with secondhand assumptions would be at home in any kingdom hall or other fundamentalist coven. I hand it to subsequent posters for showing remarkable patience in the presence of such astonishingly misinformed fluff.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Last but not least evolutionist can not explain how the laws of physics came about under the evolutionist theory.

Crazyguy was, of course, right about that in his OP.

I think cosmology includes the study of how the universe came to be the way it is, including the laws of physics. Evolution is possible because the laws of physics work they way they do: they did not evolve. I think physical laws came to be just after the big bang, but I stand to be corrected.

If there are other universes (as the multiverse hypothosis allows), I understand different laws of physics may apply in other universes. And that's nothing to do with evolution either.

But, either way, evolution works in accord with the laws of physics and is not an explanation for them.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

@ Phizzy

LOL I wonder if I could put JWN Institute of Science on my resume...

• *lost*
    *lost*

Rawe - I have a lot of experience with animals,

and how they interact with each other, us and other different species.

they are very intelligent, thinking, emotional creatures. Quite amazing to watch and study.

• mind blown
    mind blown

These wouldn't happen to be "Christian" Scientists? Many religions hire them to back up creation agenda........

• rawe
    rawe

Hi *lost*,

they are very intelligent, thinking, emotional creatures. Quite amazing to watch and study.

Quick post before I head off to work... a few days ago just watched a Netflix documentary comparing wolves and dogs. The biggest difference: Dogs, unlike wolves will interact in a social manner with humans. Wolves by contrast are social only within their pack of other wolves. They demonstrated this with pointing to a treat under a upside down bucket. They also tied a treat to a rope that was impossible for the dog or wolf to get to. In the pointing case the dog followed the clue, the wolf not. In treat on a rope, the dog looked to the human for help, whereas the wolf continued in frustration.

Cheers,

-Randy

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey Randy,

Re: Dog Evolution

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/245260/1/Interesting-Genetic-Research-Published-on-Dog-Evolution

BTW - my comment I really hope you don't teach science Randy! was misdirected - sorry :-(, I didn't realise you were quoting someone else......

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Oh my goodness...... Evolution is just the science of how animals change over time depending on the environment of the earth at the time....

It is not the science of how life began ...(abiogenesis)

it is not the science of the Big Bang.... (Physics - astrophysics )

it is not the science of natural laws .... (Physics)

Everytime people say such things they simply announce the amount of effort they have made to find answers.... None. They are like a lazy squeaky door, desperate to be noticed in a room of progress and intelligence.

As for irreducible complexity...... Buy some books. Flagellum have a turbine like propeller providing motion........ It can't be broken down and there is no logical progress for it or prior signs of development for its biology....(say the creationists)

Or

Cool isn't it..... It spins just like a turbine, it works on a gradient of H- ions, we can attach luminesent proteins to the end and actually watch them spin live through a microscope (lights off). But this is not anything to do with a sperm flagellum, it is ATPase from ancient mitochondria.

People that repeat such things as said here, aren't repeating their own science. They are not even repeating their own research, they are not even repeating their own reading..... They are simply repeating what someone told them and didnt take the time to find out if it was true.....

if you decide to take the opinion of opposers over experts in ANY situation, this is not inherently wrong, but you HAVE to look at who is saying what, why they are saying it and see who is offering their opinion based on the evidence. It may not be an easy process, it is time consuming and requires mental development, but its your/my choice as to whether we announce our feelings on these issues. If we decide to do so, it seems logical to assess the issues in detail. Repeating the same old same old sentences doesn't help you or your neighbour, want to prove evolution wrong... Please do, it would excite every scientist alive....

its 2013, we live in a time where ignorance is a choice ....... And a right, but don't take humanity down with you.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Stopped by for old time's sake, and thought I'd bump this "hey, maybe try reading a book" evolution-type thread.

Also to say hi to Cofty...hope you're doing well, sir. Keep on truckin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit