So, Whats the real reason JWs are no concessions open at the DC and are discouraged from supporting nearby vendors?

by BU2B 62 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik

BU2B; I'm from the Rochester area. PM me. Good to know there are others around.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Heh, this gives me an idea.

I'd show up for the first day and bring back McDonalds for lunch for the whole family. Have the greasy burger smell fill the entire section. Make them all drool.

I'm sure the attendants would try to say something, but that is laughed off when you know they have no power over you.

"No brother, please explain again from the bible why I can't eat my lunch"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ooo yeah! I'd bring paper plates and some plastic spoons and folks then call out for some Chinese food on my cell and bring that back for lunch.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oooh, that is just not right. Use chopsticks.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

How about ordering a pizza DELIVERY!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeh yeah yeah, chopsticks. Stretches out the eating time. Gonna need bowls.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I can remember announcements being made from the platform which forbade anyone even eating during the program! We were told that eating while a talk was being given was rude and a sign of disrespect for “Jehovah’s table.” That order was just another sign of just how control-obsessed this cult really is.

Quendi

• jgnat
    jgnat

Diabetic here. Not gonna happen. I gotta eat when I gotta eat.

How about toddlers and cheerios?

• likeabird
    likeabird

I can remember announcements being made from the platform which forbade anyone even

eating during the program!

Even sweets were not allowed! That was the only way to stay awake! Whatever were they thinking!

I remember taking a study to the assembly once, and when they saw there was nowhere to go to eat and masses of people, they were already making plans to set up shop and make some money from their time there. Unfortunately I was still programmed at the time, else it would have made for a great story!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No real mystery. When WTS charged for food,it was a gold mine of profit. When they had to end the charge, they tried food without charge for donations. They nearly lost their shirts. So they went to packing your own lunch and they want the money in member pockets instead of giving it to venders. Also, they tell venues that their people would not appreciate venders inside a stadium (to keep them out and keep members from using them during sessions). If venues monitor outside vender usage, they would question WTS lies about no interest in inside venders. So WTS tells members how disobedient they are to go get a burger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit