So, Whats the real reason JWs are no concessions open at the DC and are discouraged from supporting nearby vendors?

by BU2B 62 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WTBTS sould go back to making lunches. Instead of " Happy Meals ", they could serve " Happified Meals " !!!!!!!!!!! You get a WTBTS themed box, like a Happy Meal box. It could have Bible trivia, Caleb, the GB, The Celestial Chariot... There could be prizes like a mini-notepad and pen for the kids. What do you think? Do we have a winner?!

Sample Toy:

BU2B, sorry for the off-topic rant..

• 5go
    5go

Blounde - Did the money intake go up or down after they stopped serving food?

• jgnat
    jgnat

5go, I think any answer would be speculation. The WTS does not publish its accounts.

Charity Navigator - WTS, EIN 11-1753577

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, they went down. Before that people were expected to donate for the food even though there were no longer any set prices. When they started having to bring their own food (that the publishers paid for), it went down even more since they were no longer donating for the food (on the honor system). The money was always tied to the food. Many an assembly/convention would have almost 3/4 paid through food sales.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

jgnat said: Then, paradoxically, everyone eats their own meal (no sharing).

Not only do most people not share their food, I don't recall much social interaction going on either. We were encouraged to get to know everyone around us. Right. It was mostly: eat in silence and then walk, or eat in silence and then sleep. So refreshing!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The secretary at the hall that I am held hostage in said during the service meeting that even a sub would be too heavy to eat, and that a light salad was the best option.

---

The level of control knows no bounds.

I wonder when "new light" will appear stating that only salads are acceptable food at assemblies?

The GB is already responsible for serving the boloney.

The WTBTS sould go back to making lunches. Instead of " Happy Meals ", they could serve " Happified Meals "

That's funny stuff, DD.

• Shador
    Shador

Heh. I'm a vegetarian. Wonder if I could argue that my sub *is* a salad. On a bun.

• prologos
    prologos

blondi, right, I always felt that the assembly cooks, servers, dishwashers really worked to

pay for the circuit overseer's Car.

• trujw
    trujw

Selling food made money for the Watchtower. Once it went to A contribution the stingy brother where taking more food than they should and they started losing money on the whole deal. Their new light on food service is nothing more than greed. I think it also shows how little they care for the rank and file. Do you think the co, do and governing body are bringing coolers to the assemblies?

• Mum
    Mum

Money and control may be the primary issues.

Nowadays they're so paranoid about apostates. I'm sure they've figured out that apostates are waiting near every restaurant door for JW's to appear so they can draw them away with lies, deceit and temptation. Apostates use big words, so the poor, defenseless JW's are impressed by their massive vocabularies and slick presentations. Apostates have good jobs and college degrees. They have good marriages and happy children. Their lives are not always satisfying, but they can change whatever they need to make them better. Apostates are seductive, beautiful, clever, presenting themselves as angels of light to tempt the typical deprived, frustrated JW into a life of making their own decisions and accepting reality with no comforting fairy tales about the future destruction of 99+% of the human race. Oooooooh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit