Can any Witness possibly anwser this question?

by jerome 132 Replies latest watchtower bible

• apostate man
    apostate man

Thanks WIZ.

The name calling bit is not what I'm about either. I just had it with Mr. High-n-Mighty.

Wiz, you are right about people conforming, even on this board. Its a big "SUCK UP CONTEST" to see who can be the most liked, who can get the most replies, who can get to the next level the fastest.

Then, when you do prove a point that does not conform with the majority, you get yelled at, called stupid.

I thought people wewre here to discover, find new ideas and perspectives. Maybe the majority, but obviously not Mr. AlanF-uck.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • apostate man
    apostate man

: Didn't you learn anything about clear thinking from your JW experience?
    BTW, ALAN, I have never been a JW. Looks like I was smarter from the getgo.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Ah, AM, so you were raised as a braindead Fundy from the get go, or were dumb enough to join. That explains it. What are you doing on this board? Trying to get ex-JWs to join your cult? I was raised a JW from infancy but was smart enough to leave Fundyism behind. Nothing like viewing the cult mindset from behind to see how braindead it once made you. But you don't have the advantage of that viewpoint.

I find it ironic how easy it is to provoke holier-than-thou Fundies to bad language. The holiness is skin deep. LOL!

AlanF

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

>>I find it ironic how easy it is to provoke holier-than-thou Fundies to bad language. The holiness is skin deep. LOL!

UH, I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure AM is not a Christian Alan. Have you read any of his posts?

Penn

P.S. What is a Fundy? Cause, if it means someone who loves Jesus and loves and honors God, then take a big ol' stamp and mark it right across my forehead.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Put that same stamp across me too.

The thing about 'wiz' is that in the past, 'wiz' has taken people he KNOWS has been hurt, and have been down, and are struggling to find their way in life and heal their pain and find meaning in life---and kicked the cyber-s**t out of them. He's done it to me.

Alan does not easily forgive such behavior. I have met him, and he is an incredibly kind person. He is just as incensed at someone who treats all of us badly as he would be if you treated HIM that way.

'wiz', you will just have to have a little patience with all of us and let us get used to this facet of you. please.

As angry as Alan can be AT you for past behavior, I have learned that he can be just as passionate an advocate FOR you if circumstances allow it.

We all pay for things we've done or said in the past, fair or unfair. Such is life.

• jerome
    jerome

What happened to the nice trinity thread that I started?

How did it turn into a flame war?

But anyways...

At this point I dont think that its a matter of if the trinity is in the Bible, its more of a matter if the earliest christians believed that Jesus was God.

If I were to attack the trinity that is the way that I would do it because i've been reading alot about how the very first Christian writings had no sign of the trinity contained within then.

jerome.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Alan, I was not raised in a CULT and am not in a CULT now and I am not trying to get anyone to be part of a CULT. So, just that it is very clear, How many Gods are there IYO? 0,1,2,3,more? What do you mean by FUNDY? You men a fundamentalist? Where do you come up with such things. Obviously the cult you were raised in has melted part of your brain.

Unclepenn, I'm not sure what you meant above, but what do you mean "I am not a christian, have you read his posts"? I agree with what you have said so far in this thread.

As far as WIZ goes, I have not read many of his posts and don't know his stand on things. I do think he has AlanF pegged right on the dot so to speak.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Ho Hum, just another day on another discussion board...

okay, let me say to you guys what I always say to everyone.

Jesus walked the earth. He talked about a lot of things. Being thousands of years old, Jesus was more aware of the three-in-one triune god belief than anyone.

And yet, of all the things he said, he never once mentioned anything about how it important it was to worship--or not worship--God as a two-in-one, or a three-in-one, or a HOLE-IN-ONE...

so everybody, worship God as a two-in-one, or a three-in-one, or a HOLE-IN-ONE...Jesus has more important issues than this, or he would have SAID so.

• Shelia
    Shelia

Maybe try this.
    My understanding of John 1:1 from the Reasoning from the Scriptures book is this - because the definite article "the" is not present in front of God in the second instance in that verse then you don't capitalize "god" the second time. The defintie article "the" makes nouns proper nouns.
    Well take a look at John 1:6 in the interlinear - the definite article "the" is not present there - but the NWT translation capitalizes it that time. What about John 1:12; 1:13; 3:2; 3:21; 5:44; 6:45; 8:54 and on and on and on - there are 271 times in the New Testament of the New World Translation that the definite article "the" is not in front of (theos) God yet in all of those 271 times the NWT capitalizes God - Why do you think that is?

• Bang
    Bang
    If I were to attack the trinity that is the way that I would do it because i've been reading alot about how the very first Christian writings had no sign of the trinity contained within then.

But they spoke of the Holy Spirit as God, the Father as God and Jesus as God - and no one else.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit