Can any Witness possibly anwser this question?

by jerome 132 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 4christ
    4christ

I guess MavMan has a multi personality complex........ Won't any of his personas answer the questions?

peace to all-L :)

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

The question isn't can we understand how One God is 3 personal, it's what does the Bible say.

I was nowhere near believing in this idea of the trinity when I read the scriptures for myself but decided to compile what the scriptures said about God to define my doctrine-- instead of going to my doctrine first and then trying to find support scripture snatches. What did my study of the scriptures end up outlining? The trinity concept. I hadn't studied the ins and outs of the doctrine but independantly read the Bible for information and VIOLA!

It is a bit mysterious only in the how sense but not in the what sense. If that makes any sense Just because we cannot understand the how doesn't mean the belief isn't true. Most of us here in this thread believe God created the earth and people-- How did he do it out of nothing? I don't know how, but he did, and it's quite amazing. Just because I don't know HOW doesn't mean it didn't happen. The WT itself says this is and irrational line of thought in its Creation book. They cite this very example and instruct a consideration of the facts above all mans reasoning. They don't mean it but they said it.

Other food for thought:
    One thing I have found interesting is how we ARE made in the image of God. The trinity is even pictured in this. Man is made up of 3 parts:
    Body, Soul, and Spirit but we are one being-- one person.
    While it's not the same in that God isn't 3 parts, it is a picture of the triune nature.
    (Contrary to JWism, Body, Soul, and Spirit are Biblically 3 SEPARATE parts that can be divided scripture upon request since its a tangent)
    Bu-By for now, Its late

• Carmel
    Carmel

So,

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Sorry if I introduced a topic of more importance, but my salvation depends on knowing for sure! Please tell me and give biblical references.

carmel waiting

• apostate man
    apostate man

4christ, I am right with ya brother.

Actually, JW's believe in the Trinity, or three Gods. Lets have a looksy...YK said,
    "Satan is not the false god of this world. He truly is a god. So is Jesus. ."

"whereas all the other gods are such by his grant or forebearance"

WHOA! How many Gods are there? "All the other Gods"?

YK, you are soooo close to finding the TRUTH.
    Yes, 1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1= 1
    JehovahxJesusxYahwehxGodxAlmightyxFatherxSaviourxSonxWordxHolySpiritxETC...= 1

The Bible CLEARLY says that there is ONE GOD and no others. The Bible CLEARLY says Jesus
    is the one true God. Man, Do some reading!!!

I am amazed what you people will believe. I could go on and on and on, but I won't, your replies
    speak for themselves.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • apostate man
    apostate man

OOps, Sorry 4christ, I meant Sister!

• Bang
    Bang

Peter knew that Jesus was the Christ, the son of the living God (the Son and heir of God), and rightly called Him Lord, but it wasn't revealed to him by 'flesh & blood' - it was put to his heart.

You can't expect JWs to simply think Jesus is God. It doesn't fit with the rest of the doctrines, and I don't think it can really. All the other stuff has to change too, like earning salvation or truly trusting the Lord, not to 'keep His word', but trust as the truest type of friend. Maybe some can't get that with all that gestapo antideemin activity going on - I dunno.

JWs see God as an 'other', and this is also evident in marriage, where God blesses from an 'other' position. But christian marriage is of three, includes God, as it was in the beginning where the Lord was in the garden too, so let no one rend asunder that which God has joined, with Himself.

The mystery of the Trinity is pretty 'out there' for people waiting for things like world war three with a visually mighty deity turning up, but they shouldn't be changing the Bible, regardless. We don't get it so we'll change it isn't it for me.

Bang

• Sirona
    Sirona

Sunspot (is that the right name?) asked who was God speaking to when he said "our image". Well this could be something to do with translation. The bible uses plural words in names. It is considered by some that YHWH is plural and feminine. The use of "our" may be an emphasis on the supremacy of God since plurals are used to indicate greatness. Even the queen uses "we" when speaking of herself.

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• 4christ
    4christ

Apostate man:
    thats right! they do believe in a trinity don't they? not one triune god but three seperate gods! 1+1+1=3! And one of their Gods is Satan.....*chill* And they would say that my God is some three headed monster! I guess the witnesses around here have stopped responding to this thread......

i really want to know their answers! i get witnesses at my door wanting to tell me this "good news" of which i am still not clear exactly what they think the "good news" is..even after reading an article about this supposed "good news"...seems they love to talk about the end of the world, but get too deep into talking about Jesus,and first they dance around the subject, and then start posting other threads with cut and paste articles instead of defending their faith.

Bang, i suppose your right, we can't expect them to believe in Jesus as God because we say it is so. i could not believe it myself until I saw with my own eyes that this is what the Bible says about Him. Can't they look with their own eyes and see what the Bible actually says? Its just so amazing, they go on and on about recieving "accurate knowledge" and yet they simply ignore the evidence in the Bible and even their own publications. It must be because they are taught to "fight against independant thinking".

It would be one thing if they were spreading these false doctrines among themselves, but they are out to convert me and my neighbors with lies and double speak. This bothers me. People have a right to believe what they want, even if its a lie, but they are out there actively misleading Christians away from Christ. And they call themselves Christian! They don't even really want to TALK about Jesus and yet they think they are the only true Christians! How does this add up?

JW's out there, if i am wrong, show me where in the Bible! If i am mistaken, set me straight! If you are right, i am going to die in armageddon VERY soon so can't you answer my questions?

Is Jehovah the Lord?
    Is Jesus the Savior?
    Is Jesus a true God or a false God?

Are these questions so hard for a mature bible student to answer?

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Hey Bang. I thought that was very well said. It makes so much more sense to me now. Thanks!
    Also, 4Christ, I really enjoy your posts. You have a heart for God, that is evident. I am glad you are here. Email me anytime if you want to chat.

Penn

• 4christ
    4christ

Thank you, Penn! I have enjoyed your posts, too. :)

Peace be with you - Lauren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit