Valedictorian Rips Up Preapproved Speech, Recites Prayer Instead

by Sam Whiskey 469 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

SW: Christians have gone along with the PC way of doing business, but I think they're getting tired of it. Now that I think about it, that may also be why the minority in the government wants to take away as much of our gun rights as they possibly can. They fear a Christian uprising at some point

---

So much for "turning the other cheek", huh, Sam?

Are you proposing a Christian "jihad"? Maybe just kill everyone who has a differing view than you, that way you don't have to be tolerant? (tolerance, apparently, is very annoying to you).

I'm astounded that you deny the same freedoms for others that you whine are being denied to you- yet see no problem with it.

You, sir, are a hypocrite.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Terrible that the religious zealots are out there. He is no better than a Fundie Islamic.

That is not a prayer if it is recited. I doubt he even knows what it means.

Terrible to see a high school valedictorian at that, wearing a beard. They are still kids, children. They ought to look like children, not Islamists.

The whole business of their removing God from schools is a crock. Teachers and admins don't need to be bringing religion in schools except as a class teaching all religion. Children always have the right to do their religious things at school.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

DOC ~ You want to go up against that 73%?

Didn't think so...it's a Christian country. Case closed.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Go ahead and rant, Sam.

You're making yourself look more ridiculous than anyone else here could hope to.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    There are about 34,000 different Christian groups in the world since AD 30. This is according to the World Christian Encyclopedia published in 2001. 1,200 different Christian denominations exist in the United States alone. Some groups classify Christianity into 8 meta-groups, namely Roman Catholicism (the largest), Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy and Assyrian Churches, Protestantism, Restorationism, Anglican Communicants, Pentecostal, and others.

Christianity has become so commoditized that one can't tell the difference between them. It is supposed to be one group and no differences between them.

And no need for a FDS to keep everyone united and not divided.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I will still make sure,they have a Safe Place to Post......OUTLAW

LOL...from what I've read there...they need protection from each other...lol
    Christians geesh! It gets messay...LMAO!.....Still thinking

From what you`ve read?!!.

You were one of the ones that gave them trouble here..

You followed them to the new Christian web site?..

Now thats Desperate..LOL!!..

It`s the people that follow to harass them,that cause me the most trouble there..

The Christians debate,but eventually work it out..

They`re not much trouble to mod..

...................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

SW:

it's a Christian country. Case closed.

The Treaty of Tripoli, ratified by the U.S. Senate in 1797. Article 11 states: the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility [sic], of Mussulmen [Muslims]; and, as the said States never have entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

the tenth president, John Tyler, in an 1843 letter: "The United States have adventured upon a great and noble experiment, which is believed to have been hazarded in the absence of all previous precedent — that of total separation of Church and State. No religious establishment by law exists among us. The conscience is left free from all restraint and each is permitted to worship his Maker after his own judgment. The offices of the Government are open alike to all. No tithes are levied to support an established Hierarchy, nor is the fallible judgment of man set up as the sure and infallible creed of faith. The Mohammedan, if he will to come among us would have the privilege guaranteed to him by the constitution to worship according to the Koran; and the East Indian might erect a shrine to Brahma, if it so pleased him. Such is the spirit of toleration inculcated by our political Institutions."

What does the Constitution say? Article VI states that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust in the United States." Then there is the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof … "

"[O]ur form of government has no sense unless it is founded on a deeply felt religious faith," said Dwight Eisenhower, "and I don’t care what it is."

• xchange
    xchange

Sam Whiskey: That one of my biggest points. It appears that this guy has a moral compass for life and he's not afraid to let the world know. I think most kids lack that.

xchange: So lying is part of his moral compass? (scratching head)

xchange ~ "So 73% of the nation (audience) thinks that lying is ok? Isn't that an attribute NOT desirable for a Christian? (again...scratching head)"

SW: Lying..what are you talking about? Please clarify.

" he ripped up his previously-approved valedictorian speech, going on, instead, to speak about God — and then deliver the Lord’s prayer ." - The Blaze

Speech was approved, he lied and did something else. Anyone who supports what he did also supports lying. Again, an attribute that I thought had reached unfavourable status within the Christian community - or at least 73% of them. I won't get into how he trampled on others rights to freedom of religion in a public institution.

• cofty
    cofty

What arrogance to publicly speak to your imaginary friend without the consent of your audience.

I wonder if Sam Whiskey and his cheerleaders have any idea how quaint their fundie hysteria sounds to non-Americans.

Your international competitors in the fields of science and technology must be delighted to hear the future leaders of your country are preoccupied with superstition.

You need to sort it out or you are doomed to become yesterdays news.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I wonder if Sam Whiskey and his cheerleaders have any idea how quaint their fundie hysteria sounds to non-Americans.

---

He has no clue.

Sam's favorite line from the movie, "Liar, Liar":

"I'm kicking my own ass. Do you mind?!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit