Valedictorian Rips Up Preapproved Speech, Recites Prayer Instead

by Sam Whiskey 469 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
  • StAnn
    StAnn

Ah, yes, practicing freedom of speech and freedom of religion, while we still have them, which won't be long. Good job, young man.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I think it was wrong of him to do unless he was attending a private Christian school.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Eye roll

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I can't understand why people hate on such a good message. This young guy has a focused future, and he knows that the absence of God in our schools has created nothing but a society of self indulged Godless people with no moral character. This has caused quite a stir and I hope it awakens people to the fact that everyone has a right to freedom of speech, even Christians.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

It's a powerful message. The message is that while schools themselves have attempted to remove every vestage of God, young Christians are fed up with the shenanigans and are standing up to school officials. In effect, you can have a no prayer policy, but that isn't going to stop more Christian kids from expressing their beliefs.This kid threw them a total curve ball and they didn't know what to do. I think we're going to see more of this.

Christianity has been dogged for too long and young people are beginnng to see that the fruit of liberalism is all rotten. I am amazed at the response by the youth that have supported this young guy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I can't understand why people hate on such a good message. This young guy has a focused future, and he knows that the absence of God in our schools has created nothing but a society of self indulged Godless people with no moral character. This has caused quite a stir and I hope it awakens people to the fact that everyone has a right to freedom of speech, even Christians.....Sam Wiskey

I`m Agnostic..

I don`t like someone elses beliefs,shoved down my throat..

His speech was in-appropriate..

That being said..

I Mod on a Christian Forum..

I do it so my Christian Friends aren`t Bullied..

I Expect the Same Courtesy from Believers..

............................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I think the point from this young guy was that we (christians) are sick of being repressed. Everybody's got freedom of speech except for us. I think it's all about to backfire on the liberal left. Even the left is beginning to see that "being left" isn't working.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I think the point from this young guy was that we (christians) are sick of being repressed.
    Everybody's got freedom of speech except for us....Sam Wiskey

Wrong..

Everyone has Freedom of Speech..Some people Abuse It..

I`m not against Christians..

I`m against people who push their beliefs..

I don`t want to hear it..

Tomorrow I will Wake Up and Check In on the Christian Forum..

I don`t share their beliefs..

I will still make sure,they have a Safe Place to Post..

......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Where is this Christian forum if I may ask? Frankly, I would enjoy conversing with Christians if a forum was available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit