Former Long Time Elder, New Member

by James Jackson 88 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome, James Jackson. Once the bell has been rung, it cannot be unrung. You are amongst those know who are of the "consious class."

• SAHS
    SAHS

Welcome, James Jackson. So many longtime JWs – many of whom born-ins and many having held positions of different levels of authority in the WT – coming to their senses and arriving at discussion boards like this one is really encouraging for us all. It gives all us questioning/fading/former JWs a sense of solidarity and peace of mind knowing that the petty and vindictive type of god (“Jehovah,” a.k.a. “Watchtower”) contrived and promoted by the organization in which we were trapped is really none such in reality.

Once any logic is applied to the WT scheme, then their entire fabricated house of cards comes down with just one puff – a delicate pitter patter like autumn leaves, and all you get are the 52 cards lying on the floor, belying any pseudo strength or substance which that little house of cards ever had. It becomes obviously apparent that the mighty WT has never been anything more than a bunch of fluff. Then, when you can rise above and look at the forest as a whole, your realize that it’s now time to gather the pieces of your own psyche – your own whole self – and get on with your life meant for it to be lived – lived for YOU and your family.

You owe it to yourself to question anything and everything people may serve up on a plate expecting it to be swallowed – you owe it to yourself to dare to ask, Why? I wish you the courage and wisdom to demand all the answers you have been denied for so long as you see fit. I wish you all the best of luck, and don’t ever be afraid to demand what we are all entitled to as thinking humans – the naked truth.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Wow. Welcome. Take a deep breath. It takes a while for everything to soak in. Good luck.

• flipper
    flipper

JAMES- A big welcome to you ! ! You are among friends. We are here as a support to you. Many of us have dealt with what you've dealt with. So hang in there, welcome to freedom of mind and expression. I was in the JW's for 44 years from birth exited almost 10 years ago. With time- the picture becomes crystal clear believe me. Just keep researching and getting access to information outside the WT organization. The Internet is golden. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mouthy
    mouthy

A very BIG WElcomeI am the old lady on board. Lost my daughter & grandkidsstill JWS)

cos I didn't see Jesus come in 1914

I do hope before I kick the bucket she will realize NONE of the Faithful & discreet saw HIM either.
    I would LOVE to cuddle them all before I die.

Mouthy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • im stuck in
    im stuck in

Welcome former long time elder here also over three decades and born in. I almost never post here but thought I would say welcome. It is a tough journey and once begun there is no going back I know I have tried. It took me years and many unanswered prayer to realize that the Watchtower is like all other money grubbing religions. I am now so far away from Watchtower theology that I am a completely different person not bad just different.

You will learn much here I read every day to keep up with changes. Again welcome read everything you can about the so called organization of god and you too will come to realize that they are wrong. Stuck In

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi James! Welcome and wish you strength and peace on your journey. The cost is dear, but the freedom is worth it.

• earthfire
    earthfire

Welcome James! You've just crosses the threshold of a difficult but critical journey. You'll have highs and lows, just know that you have friends here who understand. I look forward to hearing more about you and I agree with others, please reach out to your son if you haven't already. Shunning is the most harmful part of this religion and the pain of it is felt for years.

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

Welcome, I almost never post just lurk and read because i love the experiences here. I felt compelled to join in on the welcoming party because i am happy that your eyes have been opened. I hope all is well with your son. Family IS the most important thing period. Good luck with everything you may experience coming up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit