Former Long Time Elder, New Member

by James Jackson 88 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome James.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. I was once an elder who was removed because of my adult daughter getting df. She did not have a job and at that time could not support herself. So she stayed at home and the boe did not like that. My wife, other 2 children, and I left the organization. My wife eventually became active again in the congregation though. You will appreciate the thoughts and social interchange of this forum.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I left in the mid 1960's. By the time I was 23 the 'fever' broke and I was able to develop critical thinking skills to deprogram and reeducate myself. My wife joined me and we left to start a family. And that's what we did some 45 years ago. We started careers and made something out of our lives. Today my son and daughter-in-law and three grandchildren live a mile away and we are all in one another's lives.

You need your son back in your lives unless he did something so unspeakable that he's in prison for life. If it's nothing like that then release him from the prison you put him in.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Welcome James.

Take a deep breath, don't make any decisons yet, and for sure do NOT talk to any active witness, relative or not, about any doubts you have.

They will NOT be understanding.

REad all you can about the historical Jesus, I recommend Elaine Pagels to start.

I have beeen fading for 10 yrs, this site has helped me immensely.

• jam
    jam

Welcome James; I learn last year a close elder friend (we were friends)

served in the missionary work togather was removed as a long

time elder. The reason, they(elders) went beyond reasoning in

dealing with his DF son. I hope one day he will wake up.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to add my voice of welcome, James. I can’t think of better advice than what tornapart gave to you. I think you will find that as an elder, there were many aspects of the human condition you were not made aware of. You will find all of those and more discussed here and I don’t doubt you will learn a great deal. I look forward to your contributions and insights. Your two-year lurk has prepared you to take part in the exchanges here and I want to thank you in advance.

Quendi

• Joliette
    Joliette

Welcome. Ex-Elders have so many intresting stories to share.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

James, welcome. As you probably already know, most of us here are only interested in justice and truth, which are sorely lacking in the WT Corporation.

PS Beware of Outlaw. I think he has ulterior motives (to impress the girls?)

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Welcome James, nice to have another former elder here too.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just wanted to add my welcome. Hope you still have a relationship with your son, in spite of the WTS. My daughter was dfd at 16 for some normal teen stuff-nothing really bad. She is now almost twenty six. NOT ONE ELDER has ever tried in any way to contact her to see if she is dead or alive.

My husband was an elder for over twenty years, and was removed by them because he "could have done more." In fact, they announced his deletion as "good news" along with the appointment of some auxiliary pioneers!

My daughter went all through school on the honor roll, and graduated from University with the highest honors. We never expected the attack on our family. We are all out together, and are very close.

Hope the best for your family....ALL of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit