Former Long Time Elder, New Member

by James Jackson 88 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

What part of the country are u in? Here in Socal, there are a number of former elders on this board. Might be helfpful for your escape and transition out

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

James, how is your wife handling your changes? Is she on the same page or opening her eyes at all? If you'd like to share your story on that we'd love to hear it.

• Splash
    Splash

Hi James,

The fact you've been on these boards for two years is telling - only you know the reason why you keep coming back.

I'm active myself - you could have seen me on the platform at recent assemblies.

It's a very complex issue involving your mind, heart, family, friends and God.

Take it all in, set your path and speed.

Splash.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Welcome James, there's a number of us who are still 'in', it's a difficult place to be when you start to discover things. We have to be 'cautious as serpents and innocent as doves'. Take in as much as you can, go slowly and be careful what you say and who you say it to.

Wish you well.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

James,

I have a similar background in the Org. And similarly, it took a personal "attack" to fully open my eyes. When one brick falls out of the wall, you start to look for other weak spots. Lack of love (the "identifying" factor of Christ's disciples) or clear evidence that these clowns have NO Holy Spirit involved in their apointments, causes you to examine other key issues/doctrines that have been firmly entrenched in your mind.

And right now, there is no more obvious time in WT history to be "taking it all in" and asking questions.

Overlapping Generation? WTF?

GB/F&DS who are they (it) really? Even they don't know.

Money laundering in Assm Hall fees or Quick Builds/Remodels or disaster relief?

Once one sees a glimmer of the light of TTATT, the blinders come off the rest of the way very fast.

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome James,

Your experiences can be most helpful, once you fully overcome your WT indoctrination.

The first thing you need to do--if you haven't already--is reconcile with your son. This will no doubt need to include a heartfelt apology.

You discovered the hard way that trying to please men doesn't work, so please yourself and your family.

Oubliette

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome James , glad to have you here with us. We were still 'in' until mother in law called everyone and told them we had gone 'apostate' just because hubby showed his non-JW brother, who in turned showed his mom, a WT article & pictures with subliminal images in them.

• suavojr
    suavojr

welcome James! anytime a person needs to hide because of retaliation from religious members, you have to realize something is wrong. What do they want to hide? Why can't the truth be debated? Why are they afraid of ex-members? Why the misrepresentation of the facts? Why all the politics? The list is long. Nevertheless no one here will force you to believe anything, we only express our beliefs and the reasons why we believe. Share your story when ever you get a chance and don't be afraid to share your true thoughts!

• designs
    designs

Welcome

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome James .. here is my favorite meme..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit