Former Long Time Elder, New Member

by James Jackson 88 Replies latest jw friends

• GreenhornChristian
  • Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty warm welcome James Jackson.

I pray you and your family are granted patience and spiritual wisdom to make your awakening and journey as successful as possible.

Greetings, blessings, peace and love to you and yours

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome James Jackson, former long time elder!

I would like to offer a word of warning, however. If you think that your meaningless* Watchtower "credentials" mean diddly-squat in here, or that you will "guide," "diect," or "shepherd" anyone here on the basis of your Watchtower creds, you are going to be very, very disappointed.

*They only mean that you swam in the deep end of the mind-control-cult swimming pool.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome JJ , we would love to hear more from you when you are ready

smiddy

• StAnn
    StAnn

Welcome, James! Love to have elders on this sight, they are a great resource.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I meant "site", not "sight". Hey, it's very late here.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Welcome but be careful. Try to exclude identifying characteristics in all accounts you will share with us. The watctower is an evil organisation with an ability to 'hit back' in kind for those that leave it.

Scott77

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Welcome to the real truth.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

Welcome to the forum, James Jackson

I am just an MS and have been "mentally out" for about at year. I would love to hear your thoughts on certain doctrines or topics you may find questionable. Take your time thinking about everything you read here. Hope all is well with your family and I hope we'll be seeing you around more often.

• DJS
    DJS

Welcome James,

I'm also a "new" member after reading (lurking) for many years. I've been out of the org. for close to 2 decades. I became disiullusioned about the lack of love and the ridiculous mind numbing level of control exerted by Brooklyn and carried out by elders (of which I was one).

The longer I am out the more I wonder why I was ever in the JW religion. It is likely you will feel the same in time. Good luck on your sojourn out and let this site help you as it has hellped countless others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit