Former Long Time Elder, New Member

by James Jackson 88 Replies latest jw friends

• cha ching
    cha ching

Congratulations on letting yourself admit what you see!

As a mom, I also would say: 1st thing... reconnect with your son!

I was thinking about "the prodigal son."

He didn't have to go to meetings, go in service, say he was sorry a million times, sit before a committee of three.....

His dad saw him, ran to him... It was the other brother that was jealous, that wanted more.

Don't feel bad about the past... just love him, he'll let you. He needs you.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you :-)

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome,

Served as an elder just as long as you have and this forum opened my eyes about "MOTHER"

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad to see one more person open their eyes to reality.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, JJ. I have no status with the congregation. I am considered the "unbelieving mate", a woman to boot, married to an inactive brother, a convert. No generations of faithful service to fall back on, no elders in our pocket. We are a mote on the tip of an eyelash as far as the congregation is concerned.

Nice to make your acquaintance. Enjoy your new education and the freedom of mind that comes with it.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome James. I to an elder for 25 years and in the same positions you served. I to lurked for serveral years before coming on board. It's a long process for some and a short one for others. We are all diffrent. I don't remember in your comment but are you a born-in or convert? I hope both you are your wife are on the same page it will make it easier for both of you. Reopened Mind and I also had a teenage son DF but we allowed him to stay home with us. Even though the CO wanted me removed and body of elders didn't. So I stayed on as a elder. Take your time there is no pressure on you from us to do anything but what you are doing now. As adults it is really strange how we have to sneak around just to find the truth about the truth. Our new friends we have that know are past find it so hard to believe what we all go through to escape this cult. Again Welcome to the forum and look forward to more comments from you. Take care. If you need any advice just give me a PM so we can talk. Totally ADD

• wandasue
    wandasue

welcome

• St George of England
    St George of England

Welcome!

I am still in for family reasons, as are quite a few here.

Be very careful what you say, it's obvious that people lurk here for other reasons. People HAVE been outed because of information they have given about themselves and have been ID'ed.

George

• laverite
    laverite

James - Welcome. I enjoyed reading your introductory post. I think it's pretty typical for a lot of people to lurk for a while before posting. My guess is that most lurkers never post. I do know that I lurked off and on for several years (from the early days of JWD to about three years ago, I guess?) before ever joining and posting.

There's something about an elder waking up to the truth about the Truth TM that gives me some hope.

Again, welcome!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Welcome!

Check out Jwfacts, Jwstruggle, and 21st-centurychristians.org with Bro.Ed if you have not already. Jwfacts has a real grounding effect for me. When the Org is playing on my emotions and making assertions, I need Jwfacts to remind me of what is really " The Truth." The other sites are a great place to vent and discuss anything you want.

Peace,

DD

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Welcome James,

I too was an elder for more then twenty years when in 2006 I raised some questions about the no blood/fractions OK policy I was quickly removed as PO then after a visit from a CO was removed as an elder. We're glad to have you here stay strong and be patient, the truth about the truth will be revealed to you and you will be free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit