WHAT ABOUT THE STUMBLING BLOCKS?

by You Know 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• You Know
    You Know
    You're all the same.

That's nonsense. The Scriptures indicate that there is one true religion and in many respects Jehovah's Witnesses met the criteria set out in the Bible that identifies the true faith. But, as my post reveals from the Scriptures, that even the one true religion is guilty of stumbling some of those who had initially embraced it as the truth. That doesn't mean that all religions are the same because they are all wrong. It simply means that even the true religion will suffer from some degree of error and transgression. Ultimately, what it means, and I think you desperately want to aviod drawing this conclusion, is that it means, as Jesus might say, that the kingdom of God has really overtaken you. / You Know

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

Let me see if I have this straight. Because the JW's are completely full of shit, and are wrong about almost all things spiritual, proves that they are God's organization? Glad I don't subscribe to your definition of "The Truth"

I had to help a friend clean out his septic tank recently, and it reminded me of the local congregation. All the really big foul rancid chunks had made it to the top.
    Anton
  • joelbear
    joelbear

It is just your opinion that Jehovahs Witnesses meet this criteria.

I could go up to a Baptist and they would say the same thing about their religion. or an Orthodox Jew, or a Muslim or a Catholic.

You can holler it as loud as you want. Just saying something is true or that a certain group meets a "criteria" doesn't mean it really does.

Joel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You Know,

When I started to read your first post on this thread I thought how well you had written a WT apologist statement. Well, I did think that for about a minute, no more!

Really, old son, you excel yourself! And I don't mean that complimentarily.

Take a gander at this:

Rather than our many errors proving that we are a false religion, as our enemies contend, because of the fact that God’s word foretells this very scenario, instead it lends weight to the evidence that we are serving God’s purpose.
    The mind boggles at such gobbledegook! They are God's true organisation because they get it all wrong, eh? You need some counselling, brother!

BTW why did you denigrate our Lord when you said

The only persons that can really answer that question are Jehovah and Christ.
    Don't you know that the Almighty is NOT A PERSON, and neither is Jesus Christ. Read your Bible a bit more.

You Know is a fine representative of the Dubs. He doesn't know his scripture, he doesn't undersatnd the nature of the Almighty, and his beliefs are based on sheer madness.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• AlanF
    AlanF

You Know said:

: But, as my post reveals from the Scriptures, that even the one true religion is guilty of stumbling some of those who had initially embraced it as the truth.

Bullshit. I already proved -- from the Bible itself -- how you self-servingly misrepresented the Scriptures.

The only way you can keep spewing your bullshit is to ignore what the Bible actually says, just as your Brooklyn teachers have trained you to do. Of course, you also ignore everything that doesn't match up with your lunatic notions.

But do keep it up. You're the best advertisement on the planet for what's wrong with the JW organization.

AlanF

• TR
    TR

JT's right. YK does have a purpouse here- for those that are ignorant of JW doublespeak, or those JWs who start to see throught YK hypocritical stance he himself takes regarding the WTS.

For those of us that are well aquainted YK's spewage, I envision a yowling cat on a fence at 2a.m., getting knocked off by a steel-toed lumberjack's boot.

TR

AWWWWW, CRAP!

• borgfree
    borgfree

I congratulate all you posters. This thread has been read almost 800 times already. I am sure many of those, must be JWs looking for answers. I think the evidence you have presented has been outstanding. You will never know how many you may have helped. In the long run, maybe even YK.

Borgfree

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow
  • ballistic
    ballistic

YK, I didn't get a reply to my post. I am quite interested in the way JWs argue their points in general if you look back at my post. I have a lot more to say on this. Any comments?

• Bang
    Bang

On this quote from Youknow,

No problem. Jonah preached to the Ninevites, saying that in just 40 days more Jehovah was going to overthrow the entire city. It didn't happen. Not at that time anyway.

No problem Youknow?

I'll show you a problem, in fact, it's a problem for most JWs. In my experience it's one of those places in the Bible where they can't get it, don't like what it actually says, are likely to alter it (interpret they say), and are likely to dislike that you even pointed it out. Try this one for a discussion point.

Jonah 3:9-10

RSV "Who knows, God may yet repent.......God repented of the evil which he had said he would do.."

KJV "Who can tell if God will turn and repent.......and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do..."

YLT "Who knoweth? He doth turn back, and God hath repented......and God repenteth of the evil that He spake of doing to them..."

DARBY "Who knoweth but that God will turn and repent....and God repented of the evil that he had said he would do unto them...."

NOW suggest, maybe God will repent of the evil that you say He is going to do to us.

How is that God can repent? I won't go into that now, and with JWs I don't believe it to be appropriate initial discussion material. No false prophecying going on there Youknow, it was for real at the time.

Bang

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

You Know; isn't it interesting that you will tapdance on the head of any available scriptual pin, ad nausem, but won't respond to a post pointing out the psychology and ideology inherant in your posting and the disgusting thing you so monomanically spew your apologisms for?

Does that mean you agree with me? Normally you are very vocal in dealing with people you disagree with, so silence carries its implications... like you have nothing to say in your defence, or just don't like thinking about it as it makes your brain hurt.

Poor You Know. You have my pity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit