WHAT ABOUT THE STUMBLING BLOCKS?

by You Know 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

All I know is, Jesus AND his apostles said they would rather face execution than stop speaking about the things 'they have seen and heard'.

Watchtower says that 'no one had the right to silence them'.

Now the Watchtower and its proponents wish to silence those 'speaking about the things they have seen and heard.'

It, in turn, will pay the price for its own APOSTASY.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Gosh, you should franchise that post and sell it to all other religions with appropriate cut and paste changes. You'd make a fortune.

Expatbrit

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>Let me see if I got this straight. The fact that the Watchtower doesn't always teach the truth is proof that it teaches the truth.<

Yep---YOU got it!!!!!

• You Know
    You Know

Earnest:

And he had more evidence then that it was God's organization than we have now regarding JWs.

I don't think so.

Likewise, the same argument could be applied to other churches. If inconsistencies and error and stumbling are evidence for being "the truth" there are an awful lot of faiths that qualify.
    Not true. Other "faiths" simply don't have a clue who Jehovah is and what His purposes are nor are they in any position to receive his mercy. No one else is in a position to fulfill the prophecies except Jehovah's Witnesses. / You Know
  • SYN
    SYN

This Apostate over here hasn't stumbled anyone in any significant way yet (apart from perhaps a noob or two on this and other sites), and yet I sleep soundly. HMMM.

Once again, typical Bible-book-chapter-verse bouncing is employed, yup, standard methods of YouKnow, no surprises.

YouKnow, you and I both know that if you took away all the dumb (and sometimes utterly ludicrous) laws and commandments of Dub life, there wouldn't BE A DUB LIFE. Face it - the GB are a bunch of Pharisees, making thousands of tiny, silly rules, all day long - that's there essential function in life.

If God's Organization allows people to die, families to be split, and children to be molested and doesn't do something about it promptly, there is no way you're gonna convince me that it's God's BOrganization. Not to mention the extreme chauvinism (the likes of which are all but extinct today). You didn't perchance read the thread where someone posted an old Awake about the role of women, did you? I was so angry after that that I had to play Quake for an hour before I could speak to normal people again without accidentally ripping their heads off.

Smaller brain size eh? EH?

My God.

While the Watchtower has undeniably set numerous potential stumbling blocks before the brothers...
    URM. REALITY CHECK REQUIRED. Some of these innocently labelled 'stumbling blocks' of yours caused many people to DIE IN VAIN. Get it? DIE. The Ultimate Sacrifice. Over 'Stumbling Blocks'! Your Governing Body is composed of a bunch of murderers.

Cope, whippersnapper!

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

• borgfree
    borgfree

You paint a pretty picture of the organization, You Know. However, your picture is just like the "whitewashed graves" spoken of in the Holy Bible.

Two very serious wrongs in your story.

#1 and most importantly is that the organization does not recognize the Christ for who He really is, and they lie about Him. That's serious.

#2 the organization fully fits the description given in Deuteronomy of a false prophet. They, and you cannot escape that.

For those reasons alone, we should help everyone we can to get out of "her"

Borgfree

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow
  • SYN
    SYN

I'm with you, BorgFree. Even though I'm not too hot about the idea of Christ, I still agree with #2 fully! We're hanging YouKnow from his own Biblical Texts!

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

• hooberus
    hooberus

You Know said:

"Not true. Other "faiths" simply don't have a clue who Jehovah is . . .."

Sanctify Jehovah of hosts himself, and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offense . . . Isaiah 8:13-14

Jesus Christ . . . a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, 1 Peter 2:5-8 1 Peter 3:15

• Englishman
    Englishman

"Because of numerous failed prophetic interpretations, the bad publicity due to mishandled child-abuse cases, the Watchtower’s association with the United Nations as an NGO, and any number of other scandals, have surely provided the basis for all sorts of “humiliating talk” concerning Jehovah’s Witnesses---both now and going forward."

Consider, please, if the WTBTS were an investment company, would you trust them to handle your portfolio? No? Would this be because it is common sense to trust people and organisations on the basis of their performance so far?

Ah! How simple it is for those of us who are no longer encumbered with pre-conceived nonesense!

Englishman in Sorrento.

• Earnest
    Earnest

YouKnow:

I suggested that Luther had more evidence then that the Catholic Church was God's organization than we have now regarding JWs. I see no point in producing a lengthy argument to that effect as it is outside the scope of your thread and, besides, I think Luther was wrong in that conclusion. But I had in mind that the Catholic Church had determined the Bible canon and had preserved the text for over a thousand years in their monasteries and scriptoria. There simply was no other contender at that time.

But while I agree with you that inconsistencies and error and stumbling does not disqualify a church as being God's people - it all happened to the first century Christians as well - I would hardly consider it in support of such a claim.

Earnest

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit