WHAT ABOUT THE STUMBLING BLOCKS?

by You Know 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

YOUKNOW...

I know sometimes I kick you in the pants a lot, but sometimes I have been a staunch defender of yours. But really...

"My religion makes mistakes therefore it is perfect"

"My religion lies, therefore it is the truth"

There is NO religion on earth qualified to represent Jehovah God or be used by Jesus Christ for ANYTHING. That was the whole POINT of the documenting of ancient Israel.

According to you, after almost 2000 yuears of utter failure, God started all over again with another failed organization.

Is your God not only weak but stupid? Alzheimer's?

So I will add one more thing:

"My religion cannot succeed therefore it will not fail."

HUH? Now you're making me look BAD.

• You Know
    You Know

Alan Fraudbacker writes:

Our local anointed Priest-King prophesied:

More correctly, I am not in any sense the local king-priest, in that, this is the world-wide web. LOL. But let’s don’t nit-pick.

To prevent this post from becoming unreadable I will simply select portions of AF’s comments and let the reader situate them in the context of my previous remarks.

The Watchtower Society has killed the faith of hundreds of thousands and has taught and practiced such inane things that even such a dogged "defender of the faith" as Greg Stafford has recently stated outright that such things should not be in "Jehovah's organization".
    That’s the point. The Scriptures I highlighted in the original post prove that there are things that cause stumbling within the organization and there will be up until the point that Christ sends forth his angels to clear such things out. Your reasoning doesn’t at all take Jehovah’s word into consideration. When Jesus said you would recognize them by their fruits, he obviously was not speaking in absolute terms, recognizing that there are the unavoidable causes for stumbling, as he said elsewhere. To point out that stumbling blocks exist, as you have done, is to merely verify what Christ said about such things.

While Stafford does not come right out and say it, it's pretty obvious that he agrees with the most grievous of all criticisms voiced by critics: that JW leaders have set themselves in the seat of Jesus Christ. Sincere JWs who voice disagreement with JW leaders are summarily disfellowshipped or declared disassociated and shunned in order to shut them up. This happens even to JWs who voice only a small disagreement with the Society. Of course, because of this, JW leaders come under the direct and clear condemnation of Proverbs 17:15: "Anyone pronouncing the wicked one righteous and anyone pronouncing the righteous one wicked -- even both of them are something detestable to Jehovah." Can it get any clearer than this?
    You are preaching to the choir here. I know there are problems like that. Those are some of the very causes for stumbling that Christ said would exist in his kingdom up until Judgment Day. It doesn’t take any great insight to see that there are problems. Where the insight comes in is in is discerning how Jehovah is going to deal with the problems. As in most areas of life, recognizing problems is the easy part. Finding solutions is much harder. I have found the only scripturally correct and satisfying answer to the critical challenges confronting Jehovah’s Witnesses presently.

In your customary fashion, Bobby, you misrepresent even that which you hypocritically claim you believe is God's Word. In this illustration to which you refer, Jesus is talking about "weeds" being sown in 'the field of the world' -- not "within the true religion". When "the Son of man arrives in his glory" he establishes his Kingdom over the world, and proceeds to clean out of it all the nasty weeds and such. So here you've deliberately misrepresented what the Bible clearly says is Jesus' Kingdom, and equated it with "the true religion" which you claim is that of Jehovah's Witnesses. In this, you're as vilely deceitful as the worst of the Society's writers -- and as reprehensible before your God.
    Part of the problem here is that, ironically enough, you are bound by the Watchtower’s somewhat faulty interpretation of Jesus’ prophetic parable, which I suppose is poetic justice. At any rate, the truth of the matter is, that up until the moment of Christ’s arrival there is not a clear distinction between the world and the sons of the kingdom. That’s why it is neccesary for Christ’s angels to “collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons doing lawlessness.” Did you notice that there are more than just weeds collected? Jesus said that “ALL THINGS CAUSING STUMBLING” would be collected out. Out from where? The scripture says they will be collected “OUT FROM HIS KINGDOM.”
    The things that cause stumbling are not the things of the world. Otherwise how could anyone stumble over the things of the world? LOL The things that cause stumbling are the things within Christ’s very own congregation of anointed ones. And Jesus removes such things during the conclusion of the system.

What nonsense! Ezekiel's prophecy concerned the repatriation of the Jews from Babylonian captivity. Ezekiel 36:11 makes this clear, and destroys your claim that it concerns anything about Jehovah's Witnesses today: "
    LOL. You really have no business trying to interpret prophecy. But, that the prophecy applies to spiritual Israle and not the physical nation is evident from the 34th chapter where Jehovah says that he will raise up “My servant David” and transfer his reclaimed sheep under his care. This is a reference to the son of David, Jesus Christ. But at no time was Jesus king over literal Israel. Jesus however is king over his congregation the real Israel.

I shall actually cause YOU to be inhabited as in YOUR former condition..." This obviously applies to the Babylonian captivity, and if the prophecy were fulfilled at all, it was obviously fulfilled when the Jews returned to Judah some decades later. And because the Jehovah's Witnesses are not in any sort of "Babylonish captivity" today -- even by their own prophetic interpretations -- the entire prophecy of which verse 36:11 is a part cannot apply to them.
    Well, let me just say that Jehovah has a few surprises in store for everyone. Obviously the Watchtower’s interpretations do not allow for any sort of future humiliation or captivity. But, that’s because his judgments have been concealed from them for the time being. When once the system blows though, then all bets are off. That’s when we enter the conclusion phase, when Christ moves more directly against the apostate element within his organization.

Dismantling the Watchtower organization is one solution. Getting rid of 95% of the top leadership and replacing it with decent human beings is another.
    Well, as you know, I did write a piece about a year ago that caused a little bit of stir, entitled: “Why the Watchtower is Doomed.” LOL / You Know
  • sadiejive
  • You Know
    You Know

Dungbeetle says:

According to you, after almost 2000 yuears of utter failure, God started all over again with another failed organization

That's not according to me. The truth is that there is only one Christian organization and it has been in continuous existence for the last 2,000 years. For that matter, even though ancient Israel frequently went astray and brought more or less reproach upon Jehovah, they nonetheless were a success in that they preserved the holy writings and produced the Christ as well as a faithful remnant who became Christ's initial disciples. The same goes for the spiritual Israel of the modern era. Moreover, it is not a failure, in that it has harvested nearly all the members of the 144,000 ruling body as well as preserved and distributed the Bible. All that remains is for Christ to return and set things in order. But, if the organization was already perfect there would be no reason for Christ to act as a refiner when he arrives, now would there? / You Know

• JT
    JT

So, you are simply massively ignorant of some very basic Bible truths

^^^^^^^^^
    thanks for the info

• AlanF
    AlanF

You Know said:

: Moreover, it is not a failure, in that it has harvested nearly all the members of the 144,000 ruling body as well as preserved and distributed the Bible.

Well it's very clear, then, that the Catholic Church is God's One True Organization and so you should expect all that prophetic nonsense to be fulfilled upon it. So when are you going to join the Church, Bobby?

AlanF

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello YouKnow :o)

May I ask whether you could clarify your understanding of *Christendom* for me please?

[You mentioned it in one of your postings here: "Christendom hasn't a clue what the kingdom is"]

• You Know
    You Know
    May I ask whether you could clarify your understanding of *Christendom* for me please?

Christendom is one branch of the family of illegitimate daughters of the mother of the harlots---Babylon the Great. In its many guises Christendom is the institutionalized form of the apostasy that took place centuries ago after the apostolic era ended. Christendom is not only part of the system, in many respects it IS the system. During the time leading up to Christ's presence, those few and scattered anointed ones had no choice but to worship within the confines of apostate Christendom. Which the Scripture recognizes where it says: "Get out of her MY PEOPLE." However, even during the time when Jesus reasserts his headship over his congregation, there is still an aspect of apostasy and corruption that continues to menace the true sons of the kingdom. Only when Christ arrives to expose and totally destroy the man of lawlessness, and purge his influence out of his organization, will the distinction between the two organizations be complete. Hope that helps / You Know

• simwitness
    simwitness

(Long time lurker...)

You know just said:

For that matter, even though ancient Israel frequently went astray and brought more or less reproach upon Jehovah, they nonetheless were a success in that they preserved the holy writings and produced the Christ as well as a faithful remnant who became Christ's initial disciples
    So, the jews PRODUCED the Christ? Where does that come from? And they produced the faithful remnant who became?...

Somehow I thought GOD (the creator) produced the Christ, and Christ "found" the disciples...

Please explain... after all you almost had me converted till you said that!

One more question, for you.

What does it take (in the simplest terms please, after all, I am certainly not as annoited as you are) to make a "kingdom"?

• You Know
    You Know
    So, the jews PRODUCED the Christ? Where does that come from? And they produced the faithful remnant who became?

Jesus didn't just drop from heaven. He was born into the Jewish race. The Bible traces his geneology back through all of his Jewish ancestors. As a Jew, the scripture says at Galatians 4:4, that Jesus was under the Law. So, in that sense we can say that Jesus was a product of the Jewish system of things. As regards his first Jewish disciples, Galatians also says that that very Law was a tutor leading the faithful Jews to Christ.

What does it take...to make a "kingdom"?
    Several things. One, there has to be some legal basis for a kingdom to have any legitimacy. The Bible, of course, provides that for God's kingdom. Also, you need some means of communication and education. Again, that's where the Bible come in. Too, you need power to assert your rulership. And, finally, you need WILLING subjects. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit