WHAT ABOUT THE STUMBLING BLOCKS?

by You Know 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

You Know:

You said:
    “During the time leading up to Christ's presence, those few and scattered anointed ones had no choice but to worship within the confines of apostate Christendom.”

That’s not what the Watchtower teaches, You Know.

“Witnesses of Jehovah understand that the “slave” is comprised of all anointed Christians as a group on earth at any given time during the 19 centuries since Pentecost. Accordingly, the “domestics” are these followers of Christ as individuals.”—Watchtower 1 March, 1981, p. 24

Jesus had said: “Look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matt. 28:20) Jesus Christ is the Head of the congregation, his slave, and his words show that he would strengthen them to feed his “domestics” right down through the centuries. Apparently one generation of the “slave” class fed the succeeding generation thereof, as well as continuing to feed themselves…. We see, then, that Jesus Christ himself called attention to this method of feeding his people—not as isolated, independent individuals, but as a close-knit body of Christians having real love and care for one another.Watchtower 15 January, 1975, pp. 46, 47

So You Know, who was this faithful “close-knit body of Christians having real love and care for one another”? And more importantly—why did Charles Russell not go to them for spiritual enlightenment? We know what the society thinks of independent Bible study:

Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.Watchtower 1 October, 1967, p. 587

1. Who was the true “organization” before Charles Russell?
    2. Why did Russell not seek out God's true “close-knit body of Christians having real love and care for one another”?
    3. And as the society says as a solid rule, no one can gain insight without the organisation, and its spiritual light, so how did Russell gain any?

You Know, your explanations are becoming more and more circular and self deluding, you fail constantly to see reality when its glaring you in the face, not to mention the logical contradictions, hypocrisy, and self created catch 22 dilemmas your own religion has created.

It’s such a shame, because you have a good mind, and it’s being wasted on bad software installation, we are trying to fix the many bugs, and viruses, but you keep re-infecting yourself with Watch Tower viruses and bad programme code! I hope one day you will wipe your hardrive and reload a fresh programme with no bugs, or self-delusional code. God help you because I can’t anymore.

• You Know
    You Know

Nemesis

That’s not what the Watchtower teaches, You Know.

The Watchtower has been known to revise things from time-to-time. / You Know

• out4good3
    out4good3
    The Watchtower has been known to revise things from time-to-time.

That's for sure. Particularly when they've been caught in a lie and any other time it suits their purpose.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

You Know’s “logic” is seen all the time in the Watchtower organisation—It’s a win-win self-delusion, the apparent logic of any situation is completely reversed without any realisation in the ridiculous contradiction, and then asserted that this is also proof of God’s “organisation” and that it is true. An example of this would be those suffering problems/demons/stress etc, as follows:

A: A faithful Jehovah’s witness is having mental stress problems, or not.

1. Major stress in life = Satan is testing you—proof that you are in “the truth” and that God is with the Watchtower organisation, stress, problems are proof of persecution.

2. Some stress occasionally, on and off = Proof that you are in “the truth” and that God is with the Watchtower organisation, he allows Satan to test you, and then helps you out.

3. No stress, happy and content = Proof that you are in “the truth” and that God is with the Watchtower organisation as he protects you from all harm, the protection proves his blessing.

B: An ex-Jehovah’s witness is having mental stress problems, or not, after leaving the Watchtower organisation.

1. Major stress in life = Satan is controlling them—proof that they have left God and “the truth” and that God had left them, stress, problems are proof of God’s condemnation.

2. Some stress occasionally, on and off = Proof that Satan controls them and that God is with the Watchtower organisation, he allows Satan to taunt them, and then Satan backs down to deceive them in to thinking they are pleasing God apart from his organisation.

3. No stress, happy and content = Proof that Satan controls their life and that God has abandoned them for leading his organisation, Satan removes problems to deceive them and make them think they are pleasing God.

Do you see the pattern? Exactly the same problems with the exact opposite interpretation—proving how mentally self-deluded many JWs and the Watchtower are. Good = Bad, Bad = Good, Bad = Bad, Good = Good, Neutral = Good, Neutral = Bad. Confused? You will be! You have just experienced the hopelessly inept “Watchtower logic”; And our friend You Know is a perfect example of it in action.

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

In regards to stumbling blocks what are the two main banana peels?

1)Doctrine/Teaching
    2)Fellow believers.

If you can figure out #1 on your own, why do you need to associate with #2?

The problem lies in most people dont think:

A)they can understand the Bible on their own

or

B) they are not "worthy" to understand it

Watchtower apologists would argue, "Well, how would you hope to understand/explain Daniel, Revelation without us?"

My answer: I wouldnt. Speculation only wearies the bones. But maybe John slept on a rock that night. He was in prison after all, so perhaps it was hunger induced hallucinations? Who knows? Certainly not the FDS of which only a miniscule make policy. Why no majority? Dont they all have "the spirit"? Or is a quorum sufficient? Or do the 20-30 that make the rules have "more spirit" or certain "teaching gifts"?

I cannot believe I was ever part of an organization which was so reluctant(fearful?) to demonstrate it chain of command in regards to its teachings and tenets. And then hid behind semantics and sophistry.

AF, Iarc, YK, anyone. How does policy at WTBS get decided,implemented
    and finally implanted at the dub level?

This YK thread of stumbling is one of the more crazy themes I have heard in dubdom.

"We(who is we?) have "THE TRUTH" but some of us dont because "TRUTH"
    is not in them. They are just play acting that they have the "TRUTH"

"These people are necessary, even at are highest levels to make policy that probably in your life will stumble you. The good news is, if you're not stumbled by the life affecting effects your life will be harder but you'll be happier because you'll be in an god approved condition because you weren't stumbled."

"We also need people who have "THE TRUTH" to oversee the Gods congregations so when they behave in a condescending, judgemental and imperial manner, you can be properly humbled thus not stumbled."

"We especially need those hypocrites who have "THE TRUTH" to go out in field service with you and LIE about their hours in the most holy and important of works because when they are done play acting their part of "THE TRUTH" and you are stumbled, we dont have to bear any responsibility whatsoever for failing in "THE TRUTH" which would of course not reflect at all on whether WE still had "THE TRUTH" or were in "THE TRUTH" or most importantly taught you "THE TRUTH"

At this point "THE TRUTH" cites you a few scriptures regarding stumbling, infers your lot is among them if you dont repent back to "THEIR TRUTH" and somehow you are shown to the door.

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

yet because you are puffed up with arrogance
    i am puffed up with arrogance? lol, isnt that a bit of the pot calling the kettle black there buddy? i think we all know who the most arrogant poster on this forum is.

you make a pretense at being knowledgable about things of which you are quite ignorant.
    what scripture or bible topic have i claimed to be knowledgeable about? you seem to have a very bad habit of putting words in my mouth......most deceivers such as you use that tactic, but intelligent readers always see through it.

I don't think I am the ONLY one with all the answers. There's a few others out there.
    so you DO believe that you have all the answers? and you were calling who arrogant? LOL.

aa

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Youknow

Your interpretation of scripture is interesting and your assessment of the organizations past and present errors insightful,why don't you write the Society and explain your understanding to them.I'm sure they would understand and lovingly destroy your life as they did mine when I encouraged them to support Amnisty International in it's efforts to protect human rights.Or are you afraid of God's organization?I challenge you to tell them of what you are preaching here.Give them your name and address.This web site and your handle.I am not a threat to you or anyone. I am not angry just wiser.Why did you not participate in discusssions we had that exposed the unscientific nature of Bible literalism?This is after all the real issue,not what spin to put on specific verses.

Anyone who thinks his religious experience is unique has not studied religion (humans).

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

And the sad fact is, Watchtower now WORKS with Amnesty International AND the UN..

It's enough to make you sick.

<kicks YOUKNOW in the britches>

• You Know
    You Know
    Your interpretation of scripture is interesting and your assessment of the organizations past and present errors insightful,why don't you write the Society and explain your understanding to them

I send them tons of stuff and have for years.

Or are you afraid of God's organization?I challenge you to tell them of what you are preaching here.
    The Society is made up of individuals. Some people at the Watchtower know what I do on the net. There are also some elders and a CO who know. But, I suppose there are others who would probably go "Taliban" on me if they knew, so I try to be discreet. / You Know
  • simwitness
    simwitness

You know:

Still waiting for a response from you on my earlier post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit