Tech49 on HOURS, TIME, and REPORTS

by Tech49 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stealth
    Stealth

I was at an elders house once the evening before his deadline for time to the org, so he was on the phone calling the usual pubs.

Before he calls one of the pubs, he wrote down the hours and placements on a sheet. Called the pub. and asked them for their time.... what they told him was exactly what he wrote down on the time slip before calling. He told me that for this pub it is exactly the same every month.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Tech49,

I agree wholeheartedly. The interchange with the CO sounds quite familiar. I have had several.

One must realize that the CO's are also judged by the higher-ups with regard to the activity of the circuit. When an active (statistics) circuit begins to falter, it must be because the CO just isn't encouraging enough. And when the activity (statistics) go up, well, it looks like the CO is doing his job. The act of reporting, since its inception, has always been about control. I have always recognized this, but it became blatantly apparent at the district convention when the "first century" christian was expressing how happy he was by the activity of the congregation while looking at a scroll, apparently depicting that he was getting their time. Interesting scenario, particularly because the majority of the first century church was illiterate and could not write and the use of papyrus (the scroll) had been effectively replaced by parchment...oh so many errors!

At least they don't have the old chalkboard at the front of the hall so that the Congregation Servant can praise the high hour publishers and then disparage the dregs.

Perception is more important than substance.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Marking! :)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Ditto. Marking.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Tech49 - I so enjoy reading your posts and am glad you joined. The CO visit you described was a true eye opener for me. Your "yes must be yes" is right. I did not realize it was that bad! Thanks

• label licker
    label licker

Ohhhh, you gotta love those pencils and pens. They're "special". LOL

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

Am I the only one that didn't inflate their timesheet? If I had known so many were doing it, I could have saved myself alot of heartache worrying about getting my hours.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" what they told him was exactly what he wrote down on the time slip before calling. He told me that for this pub it is exactly the same every month."

LOL!!! That's why you mix it up a little. You don't want a pattern to develope.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

The brothers who have it the worse were the Secretaries who did their best trying to track the time down. Those poor brothers had the most thankless job, it's not a enviable position to be in.

Ask BillytheEx , Eric (Ray Publisher), and M?, the position sucked and drained the life force from the Secretary. The elder in Eric's "Texting War" is the only brother I met who loved the job of Secretary. Most others dreaded this position, the phone calls, the CO Hustle of getting the cards ready and up to date before he arrives and blow's a gasket."

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

my question would be, "whats my motivation"? a new i pod? steak dinner? my picture on the wall for publisher of the month?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit