Tech49 on HOURS, TIME, and REPORTS

by Tech49 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Oh...my....God, I wish I had known these tricks when I was a dub...I was so stupidly honest when I could've been goofing off the whole time

Very interesting perspective though, enjoyed reading

CHG

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

I hated putting a report in. That was one of the many things that unsettled me and led me to find TTATT. It always made me feel inadequate and undeserving to be God's servant. And I was convinced I shouldn't have to feel like that. God is loving, not pressuring. Make my yoke light, not burdensome. Reporting is burdensome. In my old cong the secretary (a sister because the congregation was so small) used to put 2hrs and 2rv every month for me (for reading bible stories to my two children) without even tellin me.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"I can honestly say that I never turned in a false field service report in the thirty years I did the canvassing work, including my years as an auxiliary and regular pioneer..."
    Quendi

Hi Quendi,

You are not alone. We should seriously faults the Evil Watchtower for misleading us in the first place.Coffee House Girl, those dirty tricks' are top secrets. Its not easy to know them except those within.

Scott77

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome Tech.

My exhusband was an elder. I discovered that he "greatly exaggerated" our time on our time slips. He would tell me, "I turned your time in for you, don't worry.". When the field service overseer visited our book study and showed us our publishers cards, I was shocked! Wow, he had us exemplary publishers. We were low hour publishers in reality. I am sure my ex wasn't the only elder to do this.

He also told me how his brother, who was a full time brother and pioneer would throw the magazines in his dumpster instead of placing them at the doors. He had a large impressive magazine order each month and also pencil whipped his time report.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I wonder how many of the hours reported in the end of year reports were actually worked. 75%? 50%? Who knows, it's all just a facade, people pretending to be enthusiastic about the preaching, when really they hated it. People reporting hours they didnt work. The Watchtower lies about their history, mis quotes people, makes up experiences. Sad

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Marking for later

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great OP, very illuminating look the the idiocy of all things WT.

It still gets me when I realize that, for a religion based on Christ's Invisible Presence, they are VERY pre-occupied with appearances!

Seriously, who ever came up with the completely whacked idea that a person's "spirituality" could be measured with numbers? Numbers of: meeting attendance, hours in service, magazine placements, etc.

It's stupid. It's sofa-king stupid!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Very interesting post. My husband and I never padded our report either. There was a COBE of a local congregation and he and his wife worked FT, had children and pioneered too. This is how they did it, they would placed a mag or knocked on a door before FS then they would meet for FS but continue their time then do errands and every place they stopped they would leave a tract, then they traveled to visit their family 2 hours away and keep the time going by stopping for gas or snacks and leaving tracts. They did this all day long and got their pioneering hours by doing this.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Around these parts (rural Midwest US) they have what the call the 'pioneer crawl'. Drive 30 minutes, knock at a return visit who is not home, drive another 30 minutes, coffee break, drive again.... wait, go back for the rest room, call again at a not at home... look mom, I'm a pioneer!

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Tech49, you are right on all counts. Over the past decade, I have seen a marked increase in the COs being numbers men. We had one moron who analyzed our circuit with the same scrutiny that a Wall Street banker would use on a potential IPO. We were analyzed up, down, and sideways, and were told how we compared in every category to the other congregations in the circuit. Then when the week is over and the CO hands you your copy of the S-303 form (his report to the branch on his visit with your congregation), it is full of self-agrandizement and pats on the back for the marvelous achievements that he made happen while he was gracing us with his presence.

The 30 hour requirement was a major and in my opinion a non-reversible mistake by the GB or whoever came up with this ridiculous idea. Now they have worked themselves into the same hole as US carmakers did back a decade or so ago (one with which they are still struggling). In order to sell more cars, the most desperate auto manufacturer (I don't remember which one but it was probably Chrysler) introduced zero percent interest for 3, 4, or 5 years. Initially it seemed like a great idea because they definitely sold more cars. All of the other domestic manufacturers had to offer the same deal, otherwise they would lose sales. The problem is that they were teaching the American public never to buy a new car unless they can buy it with zero percent financing. Sure enough, once the incentives went away, new car sales dropped off dramatically. Another round of zero percent loans were put in place, and the cycle was firmly entrenched.

We see two things in our congregation. One is very similar to what you experienced, and that is that close to half the publishers sign up for 30 hours in one of the "special" months, and of those, about half fail to make the 30, including many of the elders and their families. The second thing we've seen is, NOBODY auxiliary pioneers anymore unless it's a 30 hour month. In the past two years that this program has been in place, I think I've seen 2 maybe applications that had 50 hours marked on them. So now the WTS has created its own monster. They have a big showing in March every year of 30 hour pioneers, they have a smattering of 30 hour pioneers on the months that the CO visits (a new "provision), but that's it, baby! Hung by their own petard!

These guys are not exactly rocket scientists up in Brooklyn or Patterson or wherever they're holed up these days!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit