Tech49 on HOURS, TIME, and REPORTS

by Tech49 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Seems to be bred more into the born ins. Converts are usually more honest since they actually chose this life. My husband and I were always honest, and it was often the convert pioneers you saw pounding the pavement in actual witnessing. I can't speak for their recorded hours though. If someone really believes Jehovah will be hurt if you lie on the report and you don't want to hurt Jehovah out of fear or guilt, you will be honest on your report. I actually used to apologise for my reports because when I got chronic illness I only put in 4 hours a month and felt bad. What a silly fool.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Julia, not to hijack the thread but what is your chronic illness, if you don't mind me asking? In our KH, people with chronic illnesses were assigned letter writing to addresses in gated communities and not at homes that could never be reached.

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

i agree completly i was a secretary for ten yrs our placements were always higher than the number we actually received,and always phantom hours of people who never went in fs

• Scott77
    Scott77

Reports that you submit for your "hours" in the Field Service at the end of the month seem to be an "end all" qualification for servants, elders, pioneers, etc. Most would assert that the number of hours you put in defines your level of "spirituality". Pure rubbish. It doesnt mean a thing in reality. Its all a way to garner praise for yourself, to be "cool", to get your name read from the platform, to be just that much better than the next guy. In a word: EGO.
    Tech49

Very true. I want to agree on that.

Scott77

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Small observation: I noticed in OP a name is mentioned - was this intentional as all other names hidden?

• Scott77
    Scott77

I always "temporary pioneered" in the summer between school years and it was 60 hours a month then. I always got in all my time and recorded correctly. However, my brother Jeff who was a regular pioneer was never out in service as much as I was and even our mother commented that she didn't know when he got his time in because he was always home in bed until noon.
    StAnn

LOL at StAnn. I think, your mother was right to express doubt. Julia O. states that [deception] seems to be bred more into the born ins. Converts are usually more honest since they actually chose this life". Yes, that is what I think as well. Those who grew in tends to feel differently than those born-in.

Scott77

• steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

St Ann, my illness wasn't so bad I had to write letters. I could still go to work part time. I had major depression and chronic fatigue syndrome. Forced myself to every meeting and witnessing almost every Saturday.

To keep this On topic, I never knew men had to do min. 10 hours a month to be considered for appointment til I learned ttatt. Explains why they overlooked some real top brothers who were great guys but too busy with families etc to do 10 a month and too decent and honest to fake it. Men are appointed less on merit and more on appearances.

• hoser
    hoser

Billy:

Actually, WT rewards lying and dishonesty has become part of their culture . The COs don't care if all the numbers are fudged, but they need those numbers...

That just reminded me of a factory I used to work at when I was a kid. The company went bankrupt. They had this machine to apply a chemical to

the outgoing garments as a protectant. The machine would always malfunction and not apply the chemical consistently. Management would audit the

amount of barrels of chemical being used and would severely chastise the shift supervisors for not using the proper amount. After a while the

supervisors shut the applicator off and secretly poured the required amount of chemical down the drain every day. This way management wouldnt

yell at them anymore.

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Tech49,

"Out of 30 people, probably 25% came anywhere near the 30hr commitment they signed up for."

That's interesting. I left the faith in 2007 before the time was dropped from 50 to 30. As a family we tried to Aux Pio every summer. When the time dropped from 60 to 50 I did find I could hit the goal without taking that much time off work. Although I too served as Secretary for a period of time my recall was most who signed up for the 50 hours made it, sometimes with an hour or two more.

For the last couple years before I left it became more obvious that going out in service for most was a sort of ritual, rather than anything truly productive. When my wife's Bible study moved to west side of Phoenix this issue became incredibly obvious. We actually went out to a meeting at the hall who held the territory and after the meeting tried to find someone willing to take the study -- it was a deer-in-the-headlights experience. One congregation member later called my wife and asked her "What are you trying pull?"

Cheers,

-Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit