Tech49 on HOURS, TIME, and REPORTS

by Tech49 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Is there ever a reconcilliation between the number of books and magazines placed against the numbers recieved by the congregation, say on a yearly basis?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

We had one CO in particular that made me HATE being secretary...I never fudged a single # the years I did it. It didn't even occur to me that I could do that... So every CO visit from this guy, Bob Kirk was his name I think, he would bust my balls because there we a few missing numbers on some time cards.

I would call the few pubs with missing time nearly every day for two weeks before the visit and still they would not get back to me...I explained this to him, and he said, "Well it's your job to get me these numbers."

His visits sucked and made me so nervous that week it held no joy whatsoever.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Reconcile? Learn the truth? What is this you speak of????

Ha ! That's funny!

Um....... no. Why do that when we can just make it up as we go! Its far more beneficial and encouraging to all to live in a perpetual land of delusion!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

And what did Jesus say about all this Matt. 6:3 'when you give, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing'.

• clarity
    clarity

I personally know jdubs who just write any old s$it down.

Drive the neighbor to the doctor....2hrs

Clean mothers kitchen ........2hrs

Awake magazine in back window in car & shop all day ...6hrs

Stop at laundrymat ..........12 magazines

Hospital waiting room ......12 magazines

What a joke!

Jack ..... I think we all love you! Glad you are here!

clarity

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Is there ever a reconcilliation between the number of books and magazines placed against the numbers recieved by the congregation, say on a yearly basis?

As secretary I did that on a regular basis.

Magazines places = 50% of magazines received from WTS.

Point was: why or we ordering all of the mags and NOT placing them.

$$$$ did not equal what would have been paid back in the days you had to pay @ the Lit Counter.

Doc

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thanks Jack, for sharing! This thread has shown me that the co visit was not, about encouraging but about auditing and ensuring compliance. I worked for th govt for years and we always had audits like this. The only difference seems to be, the co is less professional. No government auditor would ever yell at the govt office managers.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for the reply DOC and good on you for doing your job professionaly.

So much wasteage as it's probably unlikely that JWs would not be reporting their placements to a degree of 50%, they are very proud of their placements. If the WTBTS printed only what was placed or used by JWs their figures would fall dramatically and they couldn't have that.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The motto of the pioneers: "Walk slowly and round everything up!"

Actually, WT rewards lying and dishonesty has become part of their culture. The COs don't care if all the numbers are fudged, but they need those numbers... and those numbers need to be great. Frankly, if you're honest like RayPublisher, you'll get punished. But if you report nice big numbers that are pure bullsh!t, you'll get commended.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I always "temporary pioneered" in the summer between school years and it was 60 hours a month then. I always got in all my time and recorded correctly. However, my brother Jeff who was a regular pioneer was never out in service as much as I was and even our mother commented that she didn't know when he got his time in because he was always home in bed until noon.

My mother would call her mother (with Alzheimer's) at the nursing home once a month and then record the conversation on her time slip. I was amazed at this, since Granny could barely talk and wasn't always sure who my mother was, let alone alert enough to receive "spiritual food." Dishonesty, it's bred into the JDubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit