Since Great Crowd has no mediator

by sosoconfused 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I am thinking that maybe I missed this discussion or something. Now for years in the org I never ever paid attention to the article that says Jesus is the mediator for the 144000 alone. Yesterday talking to my 70+ year old dad he got violently angry with me and threw his cane at me because he said I was a liar.

I told him I will show you in the magazine and turned to it... HE NEARLY WENT NUUUUUTS.

This leads me to really ask, "Why did I not know this before?" "Why didn't he know this?"

This org and its crafty way of throwing one-liners into watchtower side articles is very very sly.

So he ends by asking me, "Well... who is our mediator? Is it the Governing Body?" The thought is repulsive.

My question is, do they explain who the great crowds mediator is or do we just not get one?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/mediator.php explains the topic.

Only the 144,000 get Jesus as a mediator of the new covenant. The Great Crowd don't get a mediator, they just get Jesus as a high priest, to apply the Ransom to them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOSOCONFUSED:

I know what you mean about those sly one-liners they slip in.

According to them, the "great crowd" has no mediator. If I were to take this literally it would mean we would be praying to THEM.

A repulsive thought indeed.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This also illustrates how utterly oblivious most JWs are, not only regarding what their beliefs actually are, but the ramifications those beliefs have on their faith.

I'm sure many/most JWs have not put 2+2 together to realize that if the GC do not have Christ as their Mediator, that means, A) they don't have one, or B) they do have one, and it is the governing body.

A governing body, incidentally, that has difficulty understanding even their own identity, as the 7-15-13 WT clearly shows. They've been wrong about their own identity for the past 100 years.

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

This was the first subject I found out when learning TTATT. I always preached and thought that jesus was a mediator for all ( thats what the bible says , right?), i was so angry when i found out that is not what watchtower says....i don't think the jdubs realize the severity of it , they just go along with whatever they are told.

-My question is, do they explain who the great crowds mediator is or do we just not get one?

they don't go into detail (of course) but they say that jesus is mediator not for all men but for the new covenant made with only the 144,000 and that we the other crowd only benefit from it if we obey the faithful & discrete slave. its there way of control , you do as we say or else!!

I have watchtower copies if you need it

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, it's like this... They tell rank and file dubs that they are GOD's children and that GOD is their Father. They read out of the new covenant scriptures, but ignore the context, the fact that the NT was written to Christians with a heavenly hope is obscured. It's done in a very subtle way. It's really quite disgusting once you take the red pill. The fact that the JW's respond with happiness to the NT proves, at least to me, how horribly wrong Rutherford was in closing the heavenly door. Instead of taking a step back and dwelling on the actual message of the new covenant scriptures, he pushed a head. He gave an answer when silence and patience would have been better. He went beyond the things written. His teachings should be accursed according to GOD's word.

The way they explain it is by not explaining it. The just say weasely phrases like, " in the strict biblical sense...Christ is only mediator for the "144,000." Then as mentioned above, they always apply the NT to everyone. This makes millions of JW's slaves to a corporation. They are Christians, Son's of GOD, Slave's of Christ, Witnesses to the good news, they have a stewardship and are therefore Stewards. They have all the responsibilities of a faithful and discreet slave, but none of the rewards.

They live in a constant state of dissonance, receiving conflicting messages from men. They know that truth is verifiable fact, then they are told carefully crafted lies with bits of truth sprinkled in.

You are right about the GB being their mediator. The GB teach that GOD's spirit operates on all of Christ's followers. This includes the promise that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth. Then from the other side of their mouths they teach that YOU cannot understand GOD's truth without them and a corporation. Like I said, disgusting.

Peace,

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh, yeah.. Jesus' disciples were not anointed when they celebrated the Lord's Evening Meal and were taken into the " new covenant " which was for the forgiveness of sins, the covenant for which Christ is mediator. The " kingdom covenant " is another matter entirely. Also, the teaching that even an anointed one could fall away because of what Judas did, is totally false. Judas was not anointed.

• Gayle
    Gayle

sosoconfused,, your dad may be on his way out. Same thing happened to my dad. Then, falling dominoes happens. He was DF'd for apostasy on this.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Here is a typical example of WT double-speak. They bring up claims made by "opposers" that are supposedly false, when in actuality, the claims of the "opposers" are true and WT tries to hide the facts:

---

jv chap. 28 p. 630 Testing and Sifting From Within

"Falsely , however, some who professed to be Christian brothers charged that TheWatchTower had denied that Jesus is the Mediator between God and men, that it had repudiated the ransom and denied the necessity and fact of the atonement"

----

But, the WTS does make this claim!! IT says that Jesus is the Mediator only for the 144,000, of which there are only a few thousand of left on earth.

w79 11/15 pp. 24-25 par. 12 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men"

12 So Jesus Christ in heaven is the Mediator between God and the spiritual Israelites, while these are still in the flesh as men and women. Even within the membership limits of this small "holy nation" the mediatorship of Jesus Christ has expanded, for God has followed a certain order in admitting classes of persons into the new covenant. Thus, for about a year from Pentecost of 33 C.E., Jesus was the Mediator of only those spiritual Israelites who had been fleshly Jews or circumcised Jewish proselytes. About 3,000 of these were added to spiritual Israel on that day of Pentecost, 33 C.E. (Acts 2:10, 37-41) Then, likely in the following year (34 C.E.) as a side effect of the persecution by Saul of Tarsus, the "good news" about the Christ was preached in Samaria and the holy spirit ‘fell upon’ the baptized believers there. (Acts 8:15-17) From then on the mediatorship of Jesus was widened out to benefit spiritual Israelites who had been men and women of Samaria, Samaritans.

20 What, then, is Christ’s role in this program of salvation? Paul proceeds to say: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men [not, all men], a man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."—1 Tim. 2:5, 6.

In this case, the [ ] that WT inserts nullifies 1 Tim. 2:5,6 by supporting WT's unscriptural interpretation.

• Scully
    Scully

The WTS takes great delight in reminding JWs over and over and over that close association the Governing Body™ and believing Present Truth™ as published by the WTS is the only way they can hope to survive Armageddon™. In fact, they make it part of the baptism questions that candidates must answer in the affirmative.

So in reality, they are usurping the mediator position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit