Since Great Crowd has no mediator

by sosoconfused 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked well

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What a tangled web of deceit!

The WT lesson the week before last really screwed up. I posted something about on one of Blondies threads, I think. A paragraph ( 17 maybe? ) was speaking of the future when the Great Crowd of [ other sheep ] would no longer require Christ as their intercessor. Look up the meaning of intercessor and it's synonyms....

Peace,

DD

• Comatose
    Comatose

Would the fact that great crowd is now considered part of the domestics change this?

I need more coffee and have a headache. Can't think straight enough to figure it out.

• Comatose
    Comatose

By the way... I didn't know this before. What a crock of $hit.

• *lost*
    *lost*

using the name jehovah.

getting rid of Jesus

teaching lies and falsehoods

surely it's only a matter of time now before people wake up to it all and realise we have been decieved

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DATA-DOG: The WT lesson the week before last really screwed up. I posted something about on one of Blondies threads, I think. A paragraph ( 17 maybe? ) was speaking of the future when the Great Crowd of [ other sheep ] would no longer require Christ as their intercessor. Look up the meaning of intercessor and it's synonyms

---

Related words for intercessor: go-between, intermediary, intermediator, mediator

--

Great point DD. So, if Jesus is not the mediator for the Great Crowd now, how is it that He will no longer be their Mediator in the future?

He either is the Mediator now or he is not. If he isn't now then saying he will no longer be one in the future is pure WT stupidity.

Watchtower's doctrines are so confusing even the people who invented them can't keep them straight!!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

WTS confuses the word "mediator" and applies 1 Tim 2:5 in two different ways. First, "mediator" in the sense of mediator of the New Covenant. This, WTS says, is what Jesus is the mediator of only for the 144,000. Second, "mediator" as a go-between in prayer. This, WTS says, applies to everyone, which is why JWs always say, 'in Jesus name' at the end of their prayers.

*** w97 2/15 p. 28 Agreement Between “God’s Temple” and Idols in Greece? ***
    Furthermore, in a very clear way, the Scriptures rule out the idea of praying to “saints” in order for them to act as intercessors with God. In his model prayer, Jesus taught that prayers are to be addressed to the Father only, since he directed his disciples: “You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.’” (Matthew 6:9) Jesus further stated: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.” And the apostle Paul stated: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.”—John 14:6, 14; 1 Timothy 2:5.

If we truly want our prayers to be heard by God, it is essential that we approach him in the way that his Word directs. Stressing the only valid way to approach Jehovah, Paul also wrote: “Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, rather the one who was raised up from the dead, who is on the right hand of God, who also pleads for us.” “He is able also to save completely those who are approaching God through him, because he is always alive to plead for them.”—Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

In the name of the Governing Body, Amen

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Roberta804, LOL!!!!!!!!

Yeah, what a crock.. The GB have just gotten too big for their britches. The level of hubris boggles the mind. They are under an operation of error.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Learning about Jesus not being my mediator stunned me. I'm a born-in... grew up taking it seriously... eventually became an elder. Yet, somehow I missed that nugget. However, there it was in the publications. I cannot understand how any Witness can seriously tell someone he/she is a Christian, but then reject him as Mediator.

Interestingly, after I stopped going to meetings, and elder came by to check on me. During the discussion I asked him about Jesus' mediatorship. He said he would stop by again and we could discuss it; however, he never did.

Another close friend quit associating with me, saying that the only way I would have learned about this was by visiting "apostate" websites. He totally avoided the fact that it's in the publications. I'm not the apostate -evidently the organization is the apostate by rejecting Christ as the mediator for the vast majority of its members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit