Since Great Crowd has no mediator

by sosoconfused 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

JeffT- true but the point is also obvious that nominal christians calling out JWs over errant doctrine (their interpretations) is equally hilarious to Jews and Atheists alike.

Paul was just inventing stuff and calling it- of Jewish origins ala discussions in Romans etc. and it is nothing of the sort. The Bishops of Rome and the Protestant Reformers were all just making it up, and Freddie Franz was just another in a long line of guys making it up.

• irondork
    irondork

tag

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I did a bunch of research on this subject and took it to my elders or i should say my wife called the elders all panicky. Any way the elder was like 'well what does it matter, isn't the good news of the kingdom being preached that's important now?' I quoted the scripture, 'that if we do not eat his body and drink his blood we can not enter into the kingdom' hes like again 'does it really matter to eat or is it just symbolic?' Seriously!!! I sent in my research in a letter form to Bethel for a reply and they sent a typical nothing special letter back. Its crazy they expect all these 7 million people to preach and do all this stuff (most of it a waste of time) and the have no contract with God, and Jesus does not mediate for them as well. That means there sins are not forgiven they do not have the gift of salvation, baptism is just a quick bath and to prey is a waste since no one hears them.

After doing the research, in my heart i was done as a JW!!!!!

• designs
    designs

Crazyguy- Are you able to see how crazy your arguments are about JWs not having this manufactured mediator and a bogus non-salvation when none of the NT stuff has any validity anyway.

The Jews made a blue balloon and the Christians come along and say no its really a red balloon and the JWs come along and say no its really a purple balloon and the Jews come back and say no it really is a blue balloon we made it.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

For any reading this and wishing more info on links between the great crowd and the new covenant:

See here (my posts # 620 & 623)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

humbled: But the tricky doctrines and theologies we argue about may never ever have been in Jesus' heart, mind or teachings.

---

I think this is what "designs" and others (myself included) are saying. WT doctrines are silly- but then again, no more silly than other religion's doctrines.

Whether a person accepts the historicity of Jesus or not, the simple fact is most of what he talked about has no similarity at all to the tangled web of confusing doctrines that Christianity has invented.

designs: nominal christians calling out JWs over errant doctrine (their interpretations) is equally hilarious to Jews and Atheists alike.

That pretty much sums it up....

• Scully
    Scully

comatose:

I just don't get the classes. Jesus didn't teach two groups. It's so crazy to go against 1 Timothy 2:5

According to the WTS, he did. They refer to the Little Flock™ as being the 144,000 who rule in heaven with Jesus, while the Other Sheep™ have the Earthly Hope™ of Living Forever In Paradise™.

"Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom." ~ Luke 12:32

"But I have other sheep, who are not of this fold, those also I must bring." ~ John 10:16

Don't forget that 1 Timothy was allegedly written by Paul.

And, for what it's worth, the concept of Jesus being the mediator for only the Anointed™ has been around for a long time - I was Baptized™ in 1980 and that was the teaching at the time:

*** w79 4/1 p. 31 Questions from Readers ***

Questions from Readers

• Is Jesus the “mediator” only for anointed Christians?

The term “mediator” occurs just six times in the Christian Greek Scriptures and Scripturally is always used regarding a formal covenant.

Moses was the “mediator” of the Law covenant made between God and the nation of Israel. (Gal. 3:19, 20) Christ, though, is the “mediator of a new covenant” between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, the “Israel of God” that will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus. (Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24; Gal. 6:16) At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the “one mediator between God and men.” (1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word “mediator” in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is “mediator.” So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the “mediator” only for anointed Christians.

The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. The “great crowd” of “other sheep” that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the “little flock” of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant. During the millennium Jesus Christ will be their king, high priest and judge. For more detailed information, see Aid to Bible Understanding, pages 1129 and 1130 under “Mediator”; also God’s “Eternal Purpose” Now Triumphing for Man’s Good, page 160, paragraph 10; also The Watchtower issues of February 15, 1966, pages 105 through 123; November 15, 1972, pages 685 and 686, under the subheading “Leading the Way to a New Covenant”; and April 1, 1973, pages 198 and 199, under the subheading “The New Covenant.”

• Comatose
    Comatose

Other sheep couldn't be the Gentiles?

• Scully
    Scully

Honestly, does it really matter? I'm atheist now, so it's all rubbish to me.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Same here. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit