Forum Policy: Off Topic Comments and Nonsense

by Simon 53 Replies latest forum announcements

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

For often than not, Outlaw has a strong point to make when he posts, regardless of how goofy he seems.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Does that include religious nonsense?

• Simon
    Simon

Rules always apply to everyone and it includes religious drivel too.

I want to generally clean the forum up, have fewer nuts and prevent it looking trashy.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Fewer nuts?!? Who'd be left?

Seriously, there is a fine line between allowing open, discourse and civil argumentation and that of censorship.

For the most part, I think the moderators here do a great job. Trolls are annoying, but they eventually get themselves banned. One can always ignore them.

Sometimes the best response is the one that isn't posted!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Simon is the mod, and what he says goes. I personally apologize for any and all offensive pictures that I have posted. I do not recall reading a message before this one, but it is hard to keep track of everything. Although I personally find Bonobo pictures to be amusing, others may not. Again, my sincere apologies to any and all who may have been offended by anything that I have posted. I am quite certain that I am an offender in this instance.

Reminders are appropriate.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Actually Simon is the owner.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, then what he says has even more weight.

• Simon
    Simon
    Seriously, there is a fine line between allowing open, discourse and civil argumentation and that of censorship.

There isn't a fine line at all. That is what some want to promote but the truth is everyone can recognise when things are civil and when they are not, when content is appropriate and when it isn't. People don't "mistakenly post filth or shocking content" - they do it precisely because they want to shock or offend. The same goes for posting childish spammy crap - it is not accidental and I take it as a deliberate attempt to trash the site.

I don't care if people bleat that they "have been censored" - the guidelines are no onerous to abide by by any stretch.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon, I was making an observation.

Not sure why you're so angry. Sounds like you're having a bad day?

I have no idea what inspired you to create this thread in the first place. Probably you have a good reason. You obviously deleted the thread that inspired this one, so who knows what all that was about.

That being said, I really don't appreciate being lumped in with some unnamed group which you describe as " what some want to promote," merely for expressing an opinion on the challenges of moderating a forum such as this. You clearly misunderstood my intent.

Did you not read my comment in the same post that "I think the moderators here do a great job"?

I resent your implication by association that I am part of the group that is guilty of " posting childish spammy crap " and "" filth or shocking content" by quoting my comment with your recent post.

I most certainly have never posted anything remotely like what you described in your last post. Linking my comment with your rant was not cool.

Oubliette

• 5go
    5go

It's Simon's site don't like the rules make your own site. It's not to hard I bet Simon would point you in the right direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit