Forum Policy: Off Topic Comments and Nonsense

by Simon 53 Replies latest forum announcements

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No Mouthy, I wouldn't put you in that catagory nor do I think anyone else on the board does.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!..

Mouthy`s Back!..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

• Terry
    Terry

I just deleted a list of suggestions for improving (generally) the discussion of a topic. I had about 8 points.

Then, I realized something. It is a no-brainer.

Smart folks already know these things and idiots will NEVER read and comply!

What we REALLY NEED is an IDIOT'S ONLY section!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lisa Rose,Mrs Jones Thanks to you both

Outlaw!!!! Watchit mate!!!!!
    O.K. Terry I guess I should start that site ,since I am one

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@(((Mouthy!!)))..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I agree with Simon. One of the most annoying things about this board lately is there are some people that feel they must chime in when they have no interest of actually discussing the topic. They simply want to disagree or argue instead of having a conversation. It get's old and booring.

I think if some of us, including myself should try harder to imagine this forum as lovely BBQ at Simon's palacial Canadian estate instead of a steel cage match. That might get things going in the right direction.

• 5go
    5go

BBQ at Simon's palacial Canadian estate instead of a steel cage match.

We can't have both?

• *lost*
    *lost*

So will there be new rules ... or better enforcement of the posting guidelines.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

can we get a break on some nonsense? that is all im good at.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I just saw this thread and wished I’d noticed it earlier. My questions are:

1. So long as a entry is substantively about the original post on a thread is that entry considered on topic?

2. If a discussion stretches out and morphs into content that’s not directly related to the original post, if a new poster comes along and takes the discussion back to the original content, is that considered “off topic”?

3. Is there a link to this forum’s guidelines?

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit