I think a troubleshooter has been assigned to our congregation

by hoser 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The cong I just faded from just got a special pioneer couple imported from interstate. That after the co brought in a real head kicker elder last year too. Must be a lot of problems. Glad I'm out. Actually, I became one of the problems.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Whenever there is suspected trouble in a congregation, The CO will call the "Branch" and they will instruct him to appoint a commiittee of 3 "experienced" elders to investigate and make reccomended changes. This is called a "Special Committee". It is rare, but I have been involved twice in one. Years ago (30), they used one man for this job, but it was changed to a committee.

Now unwanted, I mean unneeded Bethelites, are re-assigned to a congregation that has requested them to help in the ministry or help in the Servant Body.

• A question
    A question

James Jackson, you have a PM.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Intersting thread. Any updates?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

oops!

now its getting personal

brother troubleshooter and brother neo nazi service overseer want to visit me.

Two elders visiting is baaaad

I would not be surprised if they do monitor this site.

• Stealth
    Stealth

A hard ass elder moved in about 9 months ago. Then the families started moving out or just not attending anymore. I don't know if this elder is the problem.

I was in a congregation where a troubleshooter was assigned for that very reason. At least 6 families switch to another congregation 10 miles away that was more freindly and hosptiable then the former. When you have that many people leaving for one reason or another, something is wrong and they need someone on the inside to figure it all out.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Of course it could be that this couple is a victim of WT "downsizing" and they've simply been sent to a Theocratic Siberia under the guise of being "trouble-shooters."

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My mom's slightly older bro was unusual Witness stuff at a young age. He had scholarships to Julliard which he had to turn down to pioneer. Before being promptly expelled from school less than a few days before graduation b/c of flag salute, he worked hard and pioneered. B/c the Witnesses were much, much smaller, Bethelites knew him. I don't know why he was not at Bethel.

My mother heard the conversation. The family was screaming. Bethel wanted to pay him a large amount of money at the time in cash to take over a troublesome congregation in Jersey. He had to do exactly what they said. They knew every little thing going on in the congregation. When my father and uncles were at Bethel, they had to go give public talks and build up good will among local congregations. One of their functions, though, which they were told never to reveal, was to snoop and report back. They did not report back to Knorr. Next thing, they are demoted in the factory.

My uncle quoted them the scripture and refused. End of uncle's illustrious career. He toiled and toiled as an overseer. Finally, the pressures got to him and he had a breakdown. A sister was driving back home one night and saw his car in a dangerous place. She was a nurse so she pulled over. He was barely alive from exhaustion. Hospital.

He was not Mr. Know it All but he was the final word on the finer points of WT doctrine. He disappeared and completely vanished, leaving his family behind. My mom found him after 15 years in CA through old friends. He was a stranger. Guess who finished college...continued the violin lessons......etc.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Expect trouble ahead............these 'superfine' JW's sent from HQ could close you down, merge you with other cong's & sell your hall for 'mother'

Just sayin....

Two young specials sent to a cong I know caused mayhem.

They told the cong they should sell their hall..........which they did, I'm not sure why, property prices shot up & they had to rent for years & years.

One of them went off with a brothers wife.

What was it Irvine Berlin wrote? 'There may be trouble ahead....................Let's face the music & dance.

• hoser
    hoser

Expect trouble ahead............these 'superfine' JW's sent from HQ could close you down, merge you with other cong's & sell your hall for 'mother'

How is that trouble? When they close down halls some people just don't attend anymore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit