I think a troubleshooter has been assigned to our congregation

by hoser 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They won't. When will they ever back down on a position? To reinstate the bookstudy would be to admit they were wrong to disband it. They'll never admit they're wrong. If they do, it will take a generation (not an overlapping one though) so everyone's forgotten about it. To reinstate the bookstudy would put them in a,position where they might lose face. We know they'll never inadvertently do that.

Besides, like some have mentioned they don't seem to have enough elders. My last congregation had to import elders from interstate sometimes. I reckon there will be lots of elders shunted all around their respective countries because they just aren't getting enough locally in a lot of places. After all, it's a dog's job.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've noticed since the mid-week book study was dropped that hubby is more himself. The cult mindset must be regularly renewed or it falls away. I knew they were fools to drop it, and I've been enjoying my natural man ever more.

A Kingdom Hall had a local needs talk about too many people "tying in" to the meetings. They were changing the password to "encourage" as many possible to attend in person.

• hoser
    hoser

A hard ass elder moved in about 9 months ago. Then the families started moving out or just not attending anymore. I don't know if this elder is the problem.

I know also that a few years ago an elder did something that should have put him in front of a JC but he walked. The other elders covered it up and he moved to another congregation where he serves as an elder.

not sure if one of the elders is the problem or if it is the rank and file

hoser

• sir82
    sir82

This is what they re-purposed the Gilead school for.

Expect more and more of this in years to come.

The JW is developing its own SS to sniff out disloyal rats in the congregations.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Once we had a couple move into our hall with great credentials. They had sons serving at Bethel, pioneering etc. My wife and I thought that they had moved in our cong to fix us up. When he got appointed as an Elder he changed his personality to Mr Hyde. He slammed popular music, dancing, recreation, trips, good jobs with pension plans, and stalked some members in the congregation. I was an Elder during the time that saw his removal. Eventually, true colours appear.

• hoser
  • hoser
    hoser

oops!

now its getting personal

brother troubleshooter and brother neo nazi service overseer want to visit me.

Two elders visiting is baaaad

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

maybe they are monitoring this site.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Here come the jack boots and riding crops. Abuse will continue until morale improves.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

hoser,

Write a very strongly worded letter to WTBTS telling them that your congregation is wonderful and loving and doesn't need the intrusion of this ex-bethelite!

Then sign the letter with the name "brother neo nazi service overseer"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit