I think a troubleshooter has been assigned to our congregation

by hoser 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Interesting. I've seen this happen before, he's on a witch hunt.

• pixel
    pixel

Interesting thread. Be careful hoser what you reveal in case they are monitoring this website

• jgnat
    jgnat

Being a Witness in this part of the world is a mixed blessing. A man can do quite well with a bit of trades education. Hours are long though, and there are plenty of reasons to skip the meetings.

Close a town Hall and it may be several hours of highway driving to the next one.

What could be easier to run an easy fade and go huntin' and fishin' instead?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Is this like David Manolvich, special pioneer family, being assigned to the Gadsden AL congregation in the late 1980s. There may have been alot of fallout because that is where Ray Franz was living at that time.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I ask about the merging of congregations. We paid for our KH with a large chunk of my father's savings. My father knew construction and mainteance. I was so little but my brother and I were all over the construction sites as aides. I recall sanding down the area near a window for three hours to please Jehover. I now wonder why the nicer neighbors did not call the police when little kids were all over a busy construction site.

Altho my father put up the bulk of the cash, the sweat equity from others was unbelievable. Minimum wage and off the books below minimum wage brothers and sisters took days off from work. It was very hard work. The bldg was squat and ugly. It was ours, though. Four other congregations used the hall. We lost our best times for meetings.

The KH was in the ghetto. I felt safe because the neighbors knew me from school. As I prayed to Christ the first time I saw them to not let them see me at the KH, their entire family trooped out and waved. We did whatever we told. The other congregations were from much worse ghettos. We did not like how they did not clean up. Away from certain ears, people moaned about the other cong. members.

This is limited by poverty. Also, my KH was near the border of much nicer towns that also had KH. Yet the congregation would be assigned to halls that were almost two hours away in Newark by bus or trolley. I wonder if Bethel was protecting the richer, white suburbs from fellowship with their black and Latino brothers and sisters in Christ. The main group in the KH lived only three short blocks from a much nicer white town.

There was gun fire as we entered the KH. Many dangerous things. People were very afraid.

I know this is a very limited vantage point. How do suburban or rural congregations really feel about mergers? With the work I put in and the years of knowing everyone, I hated it.

• hoser
    hoser

Here is how it all went down. Troubleshooter has moved on. One of the elders got axed at the CO's visit last month. Too bad as he was one of the good ones.

I never had to meet with anyone and they still don't suspect a thing with me.

• steve2
    steve2

well done hoser! One less elder to worry about. Stay blameless!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Any ideas on why the elder got axed???

• Scully
    Scully

Several families have packed up in the middle of the night and left. Moved to other locations with no notice. Just left.

That happened with one family in our Congregation™ when I was growing up.

I found out many years later that the dad had been molesting one of his step daughters and after being DFd, the Elders™ reported him to the local police. They left town to avoid him getting arrested.

• hoser
    hoser

Any ideas on why the elder got axed???

none whatsoever!

He was actually quite a nice elder, not a stickler for rules, a real nice guy. Maybe that was the problem!

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit