I think a troubleshooter has been assigned to our congregation

by hoser 77 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

He's a messenger, sort your attendance out (publishers send the money!) or YOU will be sorted out....

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Hoser. Maybe there is a way you can speak to these guys and direct them here? Maybe counsel them to try to tone it down a bit for their own sake? We can be our own worst enemy when you have nobody to talk to, and feel the sting of betrayal.

• hoser
    hoser

Hey Hoser. Maybe there is a way you can speak to these guys and direct them here? Maybe counsel them to try to tone it down a bit for their own sake? We can be our own worst enemy when you have nobody to talk to, and feel the sting of betrayal.

not a bad idea. but then I'd be exposing myself too. anyone can turn on anyone in this cult

• prologos
    prologos

it could be the CO has, or letter to Service has indicated a conflict of personalities among the inner party members or their wifes, and a cushion is need to keep them apart.

WT knows removing heads is not the answer {think Marie Anotinette, Lavoisir.}

Their intentions may be benign. By WT standards.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, he'd be there to root out apostates and try to get the slackers to do more. We had one come to ours last year and he's chased a few 'apostates' out and peeved off a lot of people. The CO brought him in from another state.

• 5go
    5go

How does one chase out apostates?

They are doing a bang up job on me if I would report ten hours I bet I could be a MS without thought.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I know a couple of "trouble shooting" elders still chasing their tails. Six apostates emerged from their Kingdom Hall and they know of three of them and the rest faded and are living off the Watchtower Grid.

When was the last time you had a Shepherding Call or had some caring elder call you to see how you are doing with meaningful conversation? Elders and Ministerial Servants are trying to keep their own heads afloat which does not bode well for the congregations they serve. How can a man supervise the congregation or Flock, when they are living in total chaos or denying the mental illness a good portion are battling with? Love and joy to you Hoser, I hope it's not a witch hunt, maybe like Bugs Bunny, he took a wrong turn Fort Stockton, Texas and ended up your way?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

By chase out I mean smoke out n disfellowship.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

No, they are looking at the wrong brothers and have no idea who the others are. They are convinced a local brother is the ring leader and really have no idea who they are looking for. It's like they are after a Jason Borne while they play Barney 5 (Andy Griffen Show) and Sheriff Roscue P. Coltran and his little buddy Enos (Dukes of Hazaard).

• steve2
    steve2

I love the way they send "Heavies" to troubled and/or floundering congregations. Gets the bored brothers and sisters buzzing with gossip. Some things don't change, huh? I've heard from some contacts still in that one of the biggest headaches in several congregations in New Zealand ain't troublemakers but low meeting attendances, especially the Theocratic Ministry School and the Service meeting. There's also buzz that Headquarters has continued to receive negative feedback from active Witnesses about the stopping of the Book Study afew years ago, some even stating that it's inadvertently signalled that meetings are not as crucial as they once were. Would you believe some older Witnesses hold out the hope that the GB will re-start the Book Study arrangement in homes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit