I think a troubleshooter has been assigned to our congregation

by hoser 77 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Bethel elder, eh, sounds like he was "retired" and put out to find his way and worth to them. I find that they usually target the elders first. A CO was sent to the last circuit I was in and he removed 20 elders by the time he left, many long time elders with important privileges. I think he tested them with the jump command to see who would say how high.

I remember one was sent from Bethel to a concregation made up of 2 family factions where no one talked to anyone in the other faction, elders and their families leading this behavior. No one went to the meetings and it was in a small town. I have seen the WTS dissolve congregations like that that did not respond to the WTS rep.

witch hunt, could be, at least to find someone to assign the blame to...scapegoat.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I am willing to wager he is not there to clean up the Kingdom Hall or bring any meaningful changes to your Kingdom Hall unless there is a "splinter cell of Apostates".

Gossip and conspiracy theories abound when a high ranking player like my big brother moves into a Kingdom Hall. They can be used to help with the books or motivate the Congregation but often, in my experience (I am sure other elders who served over thirty five years here can agree) they moved there for no "clean up" or "shake up" only to live!

There is only one congregation I was in that blew up (Avila Beach) and I left that Kingdom Hall when I saw the writing on the walls years before it was disolved and people were sent to San Luis Obispo, Grover Beach, Ocean View. When the CO told me "If you don't like what's going move!" that was my que to leave the snake infested Avila Congregation.

In my experience we have had people move out from Bethel to live in our area because they love the weather after giving a talk. Special Pioneer-Elders, Circuit and District Overseers move into the area and it still does not mean "evil is lurking and a witch hunt is about to erupt".

The average publisher rarely sees all the hell busting loose behind the scences, please don't worry about this because it sucks to get your hopes up high! love and joy be with you!

• jam
    jam

• jam
    jam

sorry folks , I don,t know what happen. I didn,t post on

this topic and my name showed up.

• hoser
    hoser

ArbolesdeArabia

Trust me he didn't move here for the weather

This guy took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. This ain't no Pismo Beach

hoser

• scotoma
    scotoma

Make sure you show them hospitality. Next thing you know it will be raining brimstone and sulphur.

• Comatose
    Comatose

This is all really interesting. I would want to find out about the ones who moved quick. Ask around! I'm curious! :)

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Back in the early 80's my older brother moved to TN. He was a elder already for serveral years. He thought he would get a vaction for a few months from being a elder until the next CO came through. One week after the move the CO called him one night and ask his name, was he a elder, what did he serve as in the last congregation. After a brief conversation with my brother he told him he was calling bethel and appointing him as the PO of the congregation and his job was to clean it out. I remember the hell he went through for the next 2 years. It ended up with over 20 DF and about doz. reproofs. Wife swapping among the elders and MS was the big thing as will as other things. Your guess is as good as mine. Those were the days of many willling brothers to handle congregations today is a diffrent story. The last elder school I went to in 2010 the brought out that since the early 90's the number of MS have drop in half and the number of elders have drop by a thrid. So sending someone from bethel may be the only way the WT and keep things under their thumb. Totally ADD

• jgnat
    jgnat

Makes me want to come pay a visit to one of the meetings. Stir the pot a little bit. I won't know you.

• hoser
    hoser

jgnat

with my recent meeting attendance record if you showed up chances are you won't see me! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit