JCPenney removes a billboard after.....

by Iamallcool 63 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

People can take political correctness too far. My dad's mother was half indian. None of us are offended by the word indian. And if you look up tribal websites, most tribes call themselves indian tribes. To me it can feel like people are being patronizing. They make me uncomfortable when they stumble all over themselves trying not say indian.

When I was growing up, it didn't seem that black people were offended by being called colored people. After all, what does NAACP stand for? But these days you might offend a black person by calling him or her colored. I read an article by a young woman who went to Africa to trace her roots. She thought she would be welcomed like a long lost child. Instead, she was treated poorly because she was an American. That is when she decided she was no longer going to refer to herself as African American. She said that it took that trip to open her eyes to the fact that she was indeed an American, plain and simple.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i have an opinion but wont tell you how retarded i think it is... pulling the ad and my opinion.

to all of the PC police... the ones who take offense at the first sign of a misstatement or poor choice of wording or just an insensetive sounding comment. this is what is happening, thanks.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Hitler sure did have a long penis!

I would say not getting it. I wonder what they would think if the placed a tea bag poster over looking the graves.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ban the carrot...

• rebel8
    rebel8

You have a right to be offended, if that's what you need to do.

However, some people assume their right to be offended as giving them some sort of claim to be able to command other people what to do, or not to do.

I am highly offended by this Charlie Chaplin teapot too, and hereby demand the United Nations take immediate action. I will then establish a charity in my name and an anti-teapot movement, complete with Facebook page, to increase awareness of this atrocity.

Hitler wasn't the only one with black hair and a mustache. Here is a prominent fellow who predated him. Maybe the JCP teapot was trying to look like him!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Snare & Racket, Friday, July 10, 2015

The Confederate Flag was removed from the State Capitol in South Carolina, USA

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/south-carolinas-confederate-flag-friday-32349312

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    is the teapot throwing its spout up and about to shout "sieg heil" ?
  • oppostate
    oppostate

is the teapot throwing its spout up and about to shout "sieg heil" ?

I know, right! I think it's a Satanic conspiracy between tea totteling neo-nazis and JCPenny's!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I have it on good authority 😉 that Hitler's favourite song was "I'm a little teapot."
  • goingthruthemotions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit