JCPenney removes a billboard after.....

by Iamallcool 63 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

I think the kettle looks short and stout, so ya, take the damn thing down.

• rip van winkle
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Snare, who said it had to do with the law?

Things offend all sorts all the time.

Atheists are offended by Xmas trees in government places, the pledge of allegiance in schools, the ten commandments in courtrooms, etc.

People are offended by the confederate flags hung on government buildings, etc etc.

Some people are offended by explicit lyrics in music or images, works of art.

I am offended by ignorance. I am offended by bigotry. I am offended by injustice. I find a lot of things personally offensive.

I think JCPenney did the right thing to remove a billboard that advertised a teapot that so many complained about because it resembled a despot...although just a teapot. A despot whose ideas and opinions resulted in over 6 million slaughtered Jews...not to mention all the others that died as a result of Hitler and Nazism.

Maybe you should brew on that for a bit.

~~~

Also, I am offended by hypocrites. But I still talk to them every now and again!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My grand dad had the same hair and moustache. That was a popular style for men.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My maternal grandfather in the 1930s and during the period of the second world war:

That's my mom clutching the bunny. And the second pic, she is the girl on the right left.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Sorry FHN, your dad does not resemble the infamous teapot!!!

• DNCall
    DNCall

I'd say it's a tempest in a teapot.

• rip van winkle
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's my grand dad. And he does too look like that teapot.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I guess I'm kind of like Vidiot. I'm looking at his genitals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit