JCPenney removes a billboard after.....

by Iamallcool 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

I didn't see the hitler image. I think it's pretty crazy.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

What's next? Sending planes up to the sky to break up clouds that resemble Hitler?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Is it illegal to have a confederate flag on a government building? .................... Again you have mixed it up. YAWN.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Is it illegal to have a confederate flag on a government building? .................... Again you have mixed it up. YAWN.

My comment had nothing to do with federal buildings. It was an fyi comment. Yawn? How mature. Charming even.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

That comment was not to you.

but I respect your right to take offence anyway........

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Lol. Sorry.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

X np x

Its just a silly argument, I am trying to make the very small but important point that we don't have the right to NOT be offended, its not like I am suggesting the earth is made of cake. It is a common issue with religious people (take offence if you think I am wrong, you have that right), who are for some reason easily offended, this is usually not enough, then must announce it and STOP anyone from seeing or hearing or experiencing what offended them.

Whether it be a comedians joke, a film that mentions jesus, or a KETTLE that looks a teeeeeeeny bit like Adolf. Sorry if I was a bit immature FHN xxx its just annoying as people's lives get dictated by the loudest pig squeals as they are just uncomfortable to the ear...

Ironically, the law agrees, that you don't have the right to NOT be offended. Hence his silly comment about the flag is irrelevant if it breaks no law....yet the Xmas tree that DOES break the law (separation of church and state) is RELEVANT. So people do complain.

It is not that complicated. In addition to all of this, we have laws, some of which include,actions that may offend you, but this does not equate to thinking you have a legal right to not be offended. It is not that f*$¥ing complicated.....

deep breath..... Ok.....

the reason i get annoyed is, pratts like this affect other people's lives.... Oppressing other people into not doing things that offend them personally, whether it be gay marriage, an artists performance or film, or a stupid poster.

Free speech is allowed!

Taking offence is perfectly fine!

Upholding laws is a human need if we are to live in a society!

Thinking that you have the right to NOT be offended .......is small minded, ignorant and the behaviour of a child. "that offends me....STOP IT.... Even if it doesn't offend you, or you are enjoying yourself, you shouldn't because I think its wrong!" NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK IF NOBODY IS BREAKING THE LAW!!! Have an interesting debate sure, tell people what you feel...if you must, but don't try to lobby or censor people who live different lives to you. If you get offended by a kettle.... You need to sort your life out!

atheists aren't offended by trees with baubles on, they are annoyed at the illegal bias of one belief system being celebrated by a non denominational, non religious government, they have contributed money to. AGAIN it is not complicated.

if a dude decided to fly the confederate flag, I could be offended, I could think "what a douche bag" ....but if it is not illegal it ends there. He can express what a douche he is.... All he wants.

do you see the difference RIP????? This really is my last attempt at explaining a VERY basic concept.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

People who are fans of comedy, fans of free speech and have a chip on their shoulder (like me) with religions shushing up anything they don't like or threatens them... Watch this fantastic documentary, its only half an hour...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=N9EUe8jNr6o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN9EUe8jNr6o

• rebel8
    rebel8

Ya I saw this on the news, and was wondering when Hitler sported a vertical mustache.

Don't we have enough actual issues to spend our energy on?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Look a little closer, Rebel, there is a horizontal moustache. It doesn't offend me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit