JCPenney removes a billboard after.....

by Iamallcool 63 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Lol- FHN!!! Ok, ok, if you say so. Sorry, your Granddad. He's a fine looking antique teapot!! I'm sure there was no despot in him.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

FHN, How tall was he?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

He was at least six feet tall, Iamll. He was any child's dream of a grandfather, too.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

He looks really cool. Ignore my poor joke.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Harry, no worries. I would have to scroll back up to remember it.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He looks like 7 feet tall to me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That is because he is standing next to a three or four year old and he had looooong legs. He started out as a high school principal and then went on to be a chiropractor. My grandma and him worked hard and invested very well, especially in real estate and were worth over $20,000,000 in 1970. My other grandparents were well off, too. They were lucky enough to come of age in a time when you could make a lot of money in real estate and good investments. You would never guess that, looking at my humble life.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Rip.... AGAIN you are mistaken, it is ILLEGAL for government in America to be religious , e.g. having a christian/pagan tree on public paid for land. would you mind islamic regalia in your courts? america was founded on freedom to worship or not, any god of your chosing and the constitution insists a separation of church and state for that very reason.

You really keep mixing up the two. Taking offence and illegal/unconstitutional activity are two very different things. You are boring me now.....

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

First of all, snare, you think you know, but you don' t know diddly squat. What there is and what there is supposed to be are two different matters, mate. What you professs to be certain of and what is certain are two different things, pal.

Should a confederate flag and what it stands for be flying on a courthouse flagpole when what it represents to many Americans is oppression and slavery. Google it and see for yourself whether or not any government buildings fly that flag proudly.

Same for religious symbols in courthouses and other gov't offices; religious monuments,Xmas trees, crucifixes, the ten commandments, etc,etc. GOOGLE it.

(The topic was about a commercial billboard advertising a designer teapot that received numerous calls and complaints because what people noticed ( for whatever reason) was an image of Adolph Hitler. For JC Penney to have taken the action to remove this billboard means they received a very large volume of calls from the public.They did the RIGHT thing in removing the ad as it offended so many.)

In America there is supposed to be -- supposed to be-- a separation of church and state. But, it ain' t necessarily so. So GOOGLE it.

And when you're done Googling it...go GOOGLE your boring inconsequential self.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Should a confederate flag and what it stands for be flying on a courthouse flagpole when what it represents to many Americans is oppression and slavery. Google it and see for yourself whether or not any government buildings fly that flag proudly.

You might find it interesting to note that there were black citizens who fought to keep the confederate flag as part of the Georgia State flag. They said it was part of their heritage and did not want it taken away. At that time I wrote to some of the black college professors who were part of the cause. My eyes were opened a lot wider as to the black point of view and some truths about slavery that I never knew. One would be that many blacks viewed the war as a northern invasion and fought on the side of the confederacy.

The funniest episode I have seen of Reno 911! was when the deputies were put in charge of removing the big ten commandments from the courthouse lawn. They tried physically moving the monument in several ways and it just would not budge. Finally, the tried pulling it out and up, by tethering it to landing gear of helicopter. When the helicopter went to fly away, the monument still would not budge, resulting in the landing gear being pulled off the helicopter. Hilarious. I still smile every time I think of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit