Suspicious

by Suspicious 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Man it feels good to be able to have an open discussion without being looked down upon. What's your theory as to how the earth was created? What happens after death?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Suspicious - "Man it feels good to be able to have an open discussion without being looked down upon."

Welcome to the real world, man.

Suspicious - "What's your theory as to how the earth was created?"

Don't need one; astronomers and geologists have already pretty much figured it out. Wikipedia is your friend.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about sifting through your inquiries to those you can personally observe and verify? Skepticism and weighing evidence is part of the big change you are going through. There is no manual for this. Even Jesus said that no-one has come back to tell us what the afterlife is like.

• jgnat
  • Suspicious
    Suspicious

To be honest I don't think anything happens. I feel this is it like the Bible says. I've always agreed with that teaching.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Man so is the paradise hope false? Granted that's an opinion based question that is huge. Maybe I don't really want to know the answers :(

• jgnat
    jgnat

Trick is, you never "knew". You know the sky is blue, grass green. You know whether you prefer cheese doodles over broccoli. You do not know what happens after death.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Slow down buddy. You are young. You have discovered some things early. Try not to go overboard. Ann gave you good advise. Sit back and try not to think in absolutes if you can help it.

One of the things you won't realize so soon into it, is that your WORLD VIEW has been shaped by the religion of your youth. So everything is black and white, and judged to be correct or false. That is not real life. in the real world, it is ok to not know something, to express you don't know it, and to then search for an answer. Even after you do that.....you STILL may not know. That is ok! It is humble to accept in the face of Jehovah or whatever anyone believes in, that you do not know something. So do not tell yourself you HAVE to have everything all lined up. You will just disappoint yourself.

Start whatever threads you want and people will give their thoughts. Then take them, combine them with your own and do your own research. I remember hearing on here somethign a long time ago that stuck with me.

I don't mind having questions I cannot answer, but I do mind having answers that cannot be questioned.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

That's a good point. In other words no human will ever know. What of the resurrection accounts in the Bible then? If that's all not true then the Bible is not worthy of trust?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Suspicious - "To be honest I don't think anything happens. I feel this is it like the Bible says. I've always agreed with that teaching."

Subjective; a lot of sincere religious scholars have honestly concluded that the Bible supports the concept of an afterlife.

Suspicious - "Man so is the paradise hope false? Granted that's an opinion based question that is huge. Maybe I don't really want to know the answers :("

Try looking at it this way; is human civilization with its medical advances, scientific and literary achievements, and increased interconnectivity better now than it was during, say, the Old West? The Middle Ages? The Roman Empire? The Stone Age?

Demonstrably.

Sure, we have little fluctuations in the graph, but all in all, it's a pretty steady climb; there's no indication that it will suddenly take an Enron-style downturn for no reason, and every indication that it will continue to improve.

Therefore, you can have every hope that someday the world will be a beautiful place to live all over...

...and you can contribute with your efforts in your little corner of it.

That's my Paradise Hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit