JW family made contact....

by LouBelle 75 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

Loubelle...good for you, girl. Don't let them change the rules at this stage of the game.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Loubelle -

GO GIRL! You were absolutely right. Put this the other way round - what if it had been you or your Mum asking them for help??

I hope everything is starting to look a bit less bleak in your very trying hour. At least you can hold up your head and see that you own your own life.

OXO

HB

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good for you, LouBelle. Damn religion.

I have a close friend who made the same reply when the same thing happened to her. The family wanted help with her mother, who has shunned her for 40 years. My friend told them to ask the wtbts for help.

• nugget
    nugget

LouBelle I think you had no other option but to do as you did. They want your money but not your company. They would happily bleed you white financially but not be willing to sit next to you at a funeral.

I am sorry your Grandmother is lonely but she has a congregation of brothers and sisters to visit her. The sad thing is that when people get old they are cut loose by the rank and file.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Loubelle, I read the title topic and I was so happy for you. Yay. LouBelle's family has woken up, come to their senses, they care about our LouBelle and are going

to help her.

Then I started reading.

What idiot jerks, your JW relatives are. They obviously don't know, or care what your life situation is at this time or in the the past 8 years.

I liked your retort to these drones and they think, if they keep on handing in their field service report each month, the Governing Body says that God says they

are never going to die but are going to live on a paradise earth and pet pandas and polar bears...AND they believe it.

Oh, I am so glad you are the smart one in the family and our out LouBelle. ((((((((BigHugsofFriendship)))))))))))

Just Lois

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Thanks again for your comfort, support and understanding. I am so appreciative of the friends here that truly do care.

They want to meet ''for coffee'' to discuss the matter in person - as my aunt told them they need too do this kind of thing face to face. My mother will probably not go. I will. I will support my aunt as they will try bleed her as much as they can of her finances (she has a family of 5 adults to take care of)

They will look in my eyes as I tell them that they cannot guilt me with their scriptures, and that I can turn that around on them. I am not interested in their conditions. I am not a believer. I will offer them the practical solution to move my gran Phyllis in with them as mentioned. That will elivate her lonliness, the cost and they have the opportunity to enjoy their spirituallity together as a family unit ( my aunt and uncles two children also stay in the same block of flats - my uncle is the caretaker there - so yes - he and her accepted grandchildren can help out)

I'm feeling stronger guys.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Well done Lou, you're a true fighter. Let them eat cake. Let them fall on their butts as the hypocrites they are. Let them see the emperor is wearing no clothes. Let many other metaphors happen to them. Or 'word pictures' as the wt liked to call them. Keep us updated :)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

LouBelle, this one's for you.................!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Spot on Loubelle!

And awesome how you have called their bluff:

"We have replied that we are dead to them. They need to take the council of the scripture that states that the elder in the congregations have to be like fathers and husbunds to the orphands and widows, that they have to be the shelter from the sun and rain.....and have suggested that if they are so concerned about my grans' loneliness that they prepare one of their spare bedrooms for her - this will eliviate the cost of putting her in an expensive home."

And then the galling hypocrisy as highlighted by Steve2: "The need for Money has near miraculous powers of resurrection."

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

This is what I have to say to them when we meet, taken from bits and pieces that I have gathered from here:

'''What I have to say does not come from a place of emotion, bitterness or anger. It is based on facts and solutions. For the past 8 years Debi & I have been strictly shunned, we have been given labels, and under the law that the WTBTS cites, disfellowshipping offences were carried out with the death penality. Thus by this reasoning we are dead, and you cannot ask the dead for anything, unless money has a way of buying back gods' favour, which I highly doubt.

I do offer logical solutions that her spiritually alive family, brothers & sisters and congregation can consider 1) If she has trouble climbing the steps to her current flat, move her down to the first floor. Everyone can contribute a small amount of money so that she can receive ready made meals. 2) if you insist on moving her into the all inclusive facility, I suggest you look to yourselves - her spiritually alive daughter, grandchildren and son in law and raise the money - perhaps the congregational elders could help. 3) One of you open up a room in your home - this will elivate her loneliness and the cost of the home. Here you will be able to fulfill the scripture you quoted in it's fullest capacity and be bless by your god. As for Debi and I - we will continue to be dead to you.'''

Those are my 2 little paragraphs.

I had a long conversation with my aunt last night - she doesn't really understand why I am so cut off from those family members. I tried to explain that when the cutting off is as quick as it was with me, you go through and process a range of emotions quite quickly (well I did) I got to make my peace with my decision - because I knew what I would have to give up and I was happy with that. I have learnt that just because people may share your blood and be related to you doesn't make them family at all. Family is deeper than that. I have friends that I consider much closer to me than those JW family members will ever be. I don't want conditional love, I don't want conditional acceptance. If you want me in your life, you accept all of what I am - flaws/ beliefs/ good/ bad, just as I would accept you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit